Plant/Operations Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Warehouse/Inventory
|Desired Job Location: Belleville, Michigan
||Date Posted: 9/18/2008
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
|Desired Wage: 100000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: No
Ternes Packaging Company, Westland, MI
PLANT MANAGER 2007-2008
Managed and monitored productivity and efficiency of operations for Ternes Packaging Company’s Westland facility. Oversaw a 250 thousand square foot building containing 75 packaging operations lines and 18 receiving / shipping wells. Led and directed 320 personnel, which represented 173 teamster hourly union employees, 17 salary employees, and 130 temporary workers per day.
- Restructured the entire building and streamlined daily operations by implementing a comprehensive process flow and a chronological warehousing floor plan.
- Improved and made necessary adjustments on timelines and work schedules according to customer needs, which resulted in a 52 percent increase in customer satisfaction
- Reduced operating overhead cost by 16 percent
Ford Motor Company, Livonia, MI
SUPERINTENDENT (WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS) 2004-2007
Provided hands-on leadership in operational oversight of Ford Customer Service Division’s National Parts Distribution Center. Managed all aspects of the 1.3 million square foot warehouse containing 135,000 service parts, including the shipment of these parts to over 4,000 Ford dealers nationwide. Held responsible for 200 UAW represented hourly employees and 12 salaried employees, with an operating budget of $38 million annually.
- Increased warehouse efficiency rate by 10 percent in 2005 and again in 2006 by improvising, refining, and enforcing work ethic and processes, while maintaining the lowest error rate of 20 distribution centers
- Reduced labor costs of approximately $700K while improving carrier release and customer delivery by coordinating consolidation of operations, which eliminated the midnight shift work schedule
- Profitably increased hourly productivity from 4.0 lines per man hour in 2004 to 6.2 lines per man hour in 2006
Ford Motor Company, Detroit, MI
SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT 2001-2002
Functioned as a launch team member for the launch of Ford's Daily Parts Advantage. Contributed to this 24-hour part delivery program for the entire continental USA, which positioned Ford Motor Company to become the best in class in the automotive industry for the delivery of replacement parts to over 5,000 Ford dealer facilities.
- Managed and ensured efficient process flow for the picking, sorting, and shipping operations of all outbound material at the launching of Kansas City, Twin Cities, and Chicago facilities.
- Dramatically improved on time delivery of regional dealerships in Los Angeles facility as a six-sigma black belt and successfully completed the project in a three-week time frame with improved process flow and work force control.
- Reassigned to the Denver facility as a six-sigma black belt to improve process flow. Project was successfully completed within two weeks.
Ford Motor Company, Brownstown, MI
Held responsible for the proficient oversight of Ford Motor Company’s Parts Redistribution Centers’ distribution and warehouse operations, a 3,000,000 million square foot facility.
- Standardized the process in distribution operation; executed a systematic direction in receiving, shipping, and sorting on the first shift; entailed receiving of 60 to 100 inbound trailers per shift; and routed those materials to the sorting operation, then to shipping process or warehouse for storage.
Ford Motor Company, Brownstown, MI
General Supervisor - Supervisor - Transportation Agent - Security Guard
United States Marine Corps, USA
Consumer Driven 6-Sigma, Detroit, MI
- Consumer Driven 6-Sigma Certified
- Consumer Driven 6-Sigma Green belt Trainer Certified
- Completed classes in PowerPoint, Minitab, Excel, Outlook, Windows, FMEA, Igrafx, and Access
PLANT / OPERATIONS MANAGER
Seasoned management professional with more than three decades of progressive experience in warehousing and operations management. Known as a versatile and tenacious leader with exemplary commitment to managing operations impeccably while contributing to business development, revenue-producing activities, and cost reduction initiatives. Comprehensive knowledge in all facets in parts supply and logistics, process flow, packaging operations, shipping, and receiving. Effectively communicates direction, commits people to action, envisions “big picture,” and evokes a work atmosphere that encourages facilitation of maximum productivity.
- Certified Six Sigma green belt trainer and Six-Sigma Black Belt
- Successful in setting the standard for the receiving operations at Ford's Parts Redistribution Center, the world's largest warehouse with 3 million square feet, 96 truck wells, and eight rail docks.
- Set the standard for picking efficiency both quality and quantity at Ford's Parts Redistribution Center
- Improved the pieces per man hour rate by 46 percent at Ternes Packaging, Westland facility
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Warehouse Operations - Six-Sigma
- Production Management - Regulatory Compliance
- Process Flow Optimization - Process Improvement
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.