V.P. Sales / Director of Sales Resume
|Desired Industry: Executive
|Desired Job Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
||Date Posted: 9/16/2008
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES / INTERNATIONAL SALES & BUSINESS AFFAIRS 2003–PRESENT
DESTINEER STUDIOS, INC. - PLYMOUTH, MN
A company that develops and publishes cutting-edge videogames for videogame consoles including Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, and other handheld games including NDS and PSP, as well as PC games.
- Reports directly to the CEO; as a key member of executive team with high level of influence
- Direct and coordinate daily operational aspects of the sales function, including inside sales, outside sales, package design, promotional materials, web site maintenance, and customer service
- Work collaboratively with marketing and product development teams to ensure that products and packaging meet the needs of retail channel
- Conceptualize and implement organizational policies, goals, objectives, and procedures
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, as well as cost and markup factors
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure sale and profitability of products, analyze business developments, and monitor market trends
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability
- Cultivate and maintain overseas business relationships for co-publishing and distribution agreements
- Participate in promotional activities and product launch, as well as collaborate with retail partners, national and international distributors, and game developers in marketing of Summer Sports- Wii, Iron Chef America–(Wii & NDS), Stoked! (Xbox 360), entire Bold label value priced Wii line, and many more
- Generated more than $1 million in profits by nurturing new business relationships and partnerships with Canadian and European Distributors, including but not limited to 1C, Akella, Game Factory (Russia), Frogster Interactive Pictures AG (Germany), PlayLogic (Netherlands), Leader S.P.A. (Italy)-Wendros (Sweden), SDLL (France), and Contact Sales (UK)
- Sourced and negotiated licenses for entire Wii Value line of titles resulting in 11MM in revenues
- Singlehandedly managed sales to top North American retail accounts and distributors, including but not limited to GameStop, Wal-mart, Target, Best Buy, Toys-R-Us, Costco, Sam’s, Fry’s, Affes, Eurpac, Circuit City, Amazon.com, CoKem International, Ingram Entertainment, and Fill Point
- Successfully tripled account revenues from $7 million to $24 million this past fiscal year
- Skyrocketed title placement in Best Buy, Target and Wal-mart by 1000 percent, from 0 to 19 plus skus
- Boosted market share and doubled launch intents by innovating product launch strategies and sell-in techniques
NITRO GAMES, INC. - MINNEAPOLIS, MN
A company that develops video games for the consumer video game market specializing in PC, X-Box, Game Boy, Nintendo, Sony Play Station, and Sega Games.
- Played a vital role in designing brand name, corporate logos, including product packaging and policies
- Worked with Harley Davidson, Kawasaki, Pez Corporation, DK Bikes, and Ultra Wheels Corp. in negotiating licenses and marketing agreements for development of video games
- Held responsible for merging the company with InfoGrames, Inc / Atari, Inc. in 2003 through effective negotiation of distribution agreements
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES AND MARKETING 2000
ESPLICE, INC. / NAVARRE CORPORATION - MINNEAPOLIS, MN
A web base developer and server host of Electronic Entertainment Superstores containing music (CD’s), Movies (VHS, DVD’s), computer software, video games, and audio books for both physical and digital fulfillment for affiliate brand name partners including but not limited to Best Buy Company, Musicland, Buy.com and Target Corp.
- Negotiated all license agreements for digital rights (ESD) with major consumer software brands
- Built and cultivated strong business relationships within music industry to generate sales
- Orchestrated all affiliate meetings with major retailers at the E-Tail Vision 2000 Event in Pasadena, CA
SENIOR ASSOCIATE 1997–2000
CB RICHARD ELLIS, INC. - MINNEAPOLIS, MN
A Commercial Real Estate company specializing in investment properties for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s) and corporate clients focusing on high tech companies.
- Served as representative for Honeywell, Inc. in sale and disposition of $12 million property
- Made a great contribution as part of highly successful Commercial Industrial team
PRESIDENT / CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER 1992–1997
LASERSOFT, INC. - EDEN PRAIRIE, MN
The world’s first “Value” consumer CD-ROM publishing house of consumer software designed for Mass Merchant retailers.
- Grew revenues from $0 to $23 million, resulting in more than $7 million net profits to the company in the last fiscal year alone
- Directed all sales to all major/key accounts including but not limited to, Target, Wal-Mart, Sears, Sam’s Wholesale Club, Best Buy Company, Costco, Office Depot, Radio Shack, Fry’s, Comp USA, Toys “R” Us, Circuit City, and Specialty Retail Chains Including, GameStop (formerly Software Etc.), Hollywood Video, and Blockbuster Entertainment
- Negotiated unique, first time licensing/marketing agreements with the following publishers: Microsoft, Disney, Sony, Sega Entertainment, Time Warner Interactive, Atari Corp Ubisoft, Activision, Virgin Interactive, Fox Entertainment, Eidos, CUC, Acclaim, Access Software, and dozens more
- Handled the hiring, training and motivation of national and regional sales professionals and support staff of 20
- Recognized and nominated as candidate for “Entrepreneur of the Year” award by Twin Cities Business Monthly in 1995
ADDYMAN & ASSOCIATES - EDEN PRAIRIE, MN
A Midwest Manufacturers Representative firm, specializing in representing consumer products companies including Video Games, Consumer Computer and Electronics products, and Consumer Software Publishers.
- Established and maintained company by having 1 to more than 30 manufacturer’s contracts, sustaining $25 million to $44 million sales revenue annually
- Received “Manufacturers Representative of the Year” award from numerous manufacturers in 10 years of tenure
KEY ACCOUNTS SALES EXECUTIVE 1983–1985
NAVARRE CORPORATION - MINNEAPOLIS, MN
A distributor of music and entertainment computer software and hardware.
- Hired as the 5th employee at Navarre Corporation: Computer Software Division
- Held responsible for all sales to major retail accounts for Computer Entertainment software and Commodore 64 Computer Hardware
SALES CONSULTANT / ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER 1981–1983
SCHAAK ELECTRONICS - MENDOTA HIEGHTS, MN
A consumer electronics retailer.
- Consistently ranked as # 1 Salesman in a 52 store chain
- Received the "Presidents Award" for two consecutive years
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
University of St. Thomas “Lifetime Achievement” MBA
Highly driven, competent, energetic, and successful senior sales executive, offering more than 28 years of extensive sales, marketing, and business development experience in Video Games and Consumer Products industries. Accustomed to working with all channels of distribution including retailers, distributors, and manufacturers representatives. Proven ability to establish high-level business relationships with contacts extending beyond the retail buyer. Strong track record in penetrating and growing markets, coupled with significant knowledge in planning and directing organization business processes and procedures while increasing customer base. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge in developing and implementing effective sales and marketing strategies. Equipped with direct experience in selling significant brands and product lines to mass-market retailers, electronic superstores, and specialty retailers. Outgoing, enthusiastic, and creative problem solver who is extremely effective in all situations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Sales, Marketing and Promotions - Sales Action Plans and Development
- Extensive Industry Network - Business Management and Operations
- Promotional Events Coordination - Outstanding Customer Relations
- Superior Presentation and Negotiation Skills - Competitive Market Research and Analysis
- Leadership, Training and Team Building - Direct and Indirect Channels of Distribution
- Problem Resolution and Decision Making - Organized with Strong Analytical Abilities
- Articulate Oral and Written Communication - Multitasking in Fast-Paced Environments
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.