|Desired Industry: General Labor
|Desired Job Location: new york, New York
||Date Posted: 5/6/2008
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: open
|Desired Wage: negotiable
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: No
296 Hull Avenue
Staten Island, New York
May 6, 2008
To whom it may concern:
Are you looking for a custodial maintenance worker with:
• Twenty years of hands-on experience in building maintenance?
• A keen knowledge in safety standards?
• Excellent written and oral communication skills?
• A passion to learn and to increase his skills?
If so, then you need look no further. You will see from my enclosed resume that I meet all of these qualifications and more.
I would very much like to discuss opportunities with you. To schedule an interview, please call me at 718 979-7922. The best time to reach me is between 9am – 5pm, however you can leave a voice message at any time, and I will return your call.
Thank you for taking the time to review my resume. I look forward to talking with you.
296 Hull Avenue • Staten Island, N.Y. 10306
SZonk5@aol.com • Home: (718)979-7922 ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Seek the Challenging Position of Maintenance Worker
I offer twenty years of diverse and dependable experience in Building Maintenance.
Summary of Qualifications
• Thorough knowledge of operations, services, and activities of building maintenance.
• Remarkable knowledge of equipment, tools, and materials used in building maintenance programs.
• Excellent knowledge of operating characteristics of the full range of heavy equipment used in the assigned area of work.
• Profound knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices necessary in the area of work assigned.
• Exceptional knowledge of safe driving principles and practices.
• Uncommon skill in operating the full range of heavy maintenance equipment including floor buffers/strippers, auto scrubber and power sweeper in a safe and effective manner.
• Immense skill in the use and operation of hand tools, power tools, and mechanical equipment required for the work in a safe and efficient manner.
• Strong ability to perform assigned skilled equipment operation, construction, and maintenance tasks properly and efficiently. .
• Profound ability to maintain accurate records and complete activity reports.
• In-depth ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
• Uncommon ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Solid ability to establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE 1988 - Present
• Perform a variety of duties involved in the building maintenance.
• Respond to emergencies including hazardous material spills.
• Set out appropriate signs to ensure worker and traffic safety; flag traffic as necessary.
• Respond to hazardous materials spills or other road hazard conditions in support of public safety personnel.
• Perform maintenance checks and perform minor repairs and maintenance on equipment and Maintain shop and storage areas used in performing assigned tasks; maintain cleanliness of work area and tools.
• Maintain a variety of records; complete activity records and reports.
Education and Professional Training
High School Diploma (1969)
United States Army
Viet Nam Veteran
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.