Programmer, Developer, Sofware Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: San Bruno, California
||Date Posted: 11/19/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 11/20/07
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
(An unabridged resume available upon request. Please send a job description)
Objective: Multifluent programmer and problem-solver, ready to contribute to the needs of your company.
Summary: Ten years of programming web applications, databases, and network protocols.
Technical Skills: PERL,Parsing/Regular Expressions/RegEx, Metascripts, CGI,DBI, Sockets,
Network Protocols ( HTTP/SMTP/ESMTP/POP), Complex File & Text Processing,
SQL, HTML, XML, JAVA(JDBC, Applets,Swing), Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PHP,
2007 – June-August Programmer Burlingame, CA
- Wrote PERL scripts to transfer data from spreadsheets to MySQL in PERL/DBI
- Developed online forms to track website data, in PERL/CGI, DBI, HTML GUIs
- Designed database/schema of 30 MySQL tables.
- Wrote XML Parser in PERL/RegEx for RSS feeds.
- Played lead role in providing general support, training & mentorship for company personnel.
Tools: Linux, LAMP, WindowsXP, MySQL, PERL/CGI, Database Design, HTML Forms & GUIs
2007 April-June Web Analytics/PERL Mountain View, CA
- Generated reports from complex HTTP log files on global set of web servers with varying configurations.
- Rewrote prexisting 30 page OO PERL/RegEx scripts that read data incorrectly, reducing it to 10 pages, with
Tools: PERL, Regular Expressions, WindowsXP, Linux
2005 - 2007 Script Writer Pleasanaton, CA
- Wrote Web Clients/Crawlers in PERL & HTTP, Ethereal Packet Analyser
- Developed small online database application in LAMP, PHP/MySQL.
Tools: Linux, LAMP, MySQL, PERL, Sockets, RegEx, Regular Expressions
2006 Software Engineer Scotts Valley, CA
- Responsible for building special front end web application to allow hospitals to exchange confedential files.
- Rendered a pair of HTML forms/GUIs with 100 dependant fields, and 2500 test cases, in PERL/CGI, and
2002 - 2005 Software Engineer Berkeley, CA
- Wrote Web Clients/Crawlers in PERL for a real estate website, ihouse2000.com
- Downloaded, and parsed contact information for millions of realtors from 150 competitors’ web sites.
- Had to come up with inventive ways to get information not easily available.
- Provided web mining/analysis, ETL, scripting, and training for Marketing Dept.
Tools: PERL, (Sockets, Regular Expressions, RegEx) TCP/IP Packet Analysis, Ethereal, MySQL, Linux, UNIX/Free BSD, Windows 2000
2000 - 2001 Mail Log Analyst Redwood City, CA
- Created web interface with graphs for postmaster to view activity on SMTP and POP servers.
- Managed and accumulated 60Gb of daily log file data, and loaded it in database.
- Built a web-based application on Oracle, MySQL database using PERL/DBI with Java Applets, JDBC
Tools: UNIX/Solaris, CRON, Oracle, MySQL
2000 Ecommerce Developer San Diego, CA
- Developed a shopping cart application for an ecommerce website from scratch in less than 4 months, using
LAMP, PHP and MySQL.
Tools: LAMP, PHP, HTML, Apache, SQL, MySQL, UNIX/Linux
2000 Intranet/Database Engineer Mountain View, CA
Tools: UNIX/Solaris, Oracle, Cold Fusion, WindowsNT
1999 Web Scripting Valley Center, CA
- Developed ecommerce website that sells legal software. Developed online order forms.
- Automated Web Cam Application which transferred image files to a directory.
- Developed forms that allowed the images to be taken by the web cam, and mailed, at the designated time.
Tools: PERL/CGI, Linux, MIME, SMTP, ESMTP, MySQL, CRON
1999 Crawler Engineer/SW Testing App San Diego, CA
- Built an automated web application to crawl the web. Targed sites were input into HTML forms.
- Crawlers built database of HTML forms used to test company's software.
- Built online application to retrive data accumulated by crawlers.
- Trained Software Tester.
Tools: PERL/DBI, Regular Expressions, HTML Forms, HTTP, Crawlers, SQL Server, Training
1997-1999 Web Developer San Diego, CA
- Developed internal sites for inventory of PC parts, and human resources data.
- Edited 500 pages on website by writing a PERL script to modify the pages.
1996 Web Developer San Diego, CA
- Developed online inventory of satellite dishes for military.
Tools: PERL/CGI, WinNT, MS Access, SQL Server, ODBC
1996 Intranet/Database Developer San Diego, CA
- ASP, MS Access/ODBC, WinNT, IIS, HTML, PERL, JAVA (Sockets,SMTP, HTTP), HR Data
1996 Webmaster/SW Tester/Tech Support San Diego, CA
- PERL/CGI, C/C++, Unix/Solaris, Win95
1995 DBA's Assistant San Diego, CA
- Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS,Triggers, Backups, UNIX/IRIX, Scripting, Tech Support
1994 Programmer/Intern San Diego, CA
- C/C++, Unix/Vworks, Xwindows Motif.
- Wrote low level routines to read, and print data from a high resolution digital clock.
1991-1992 Math/CS Tutor La Jolla, CA
- Tutoring math & computer science for individuals and small groups of students, under the
- direction of the faculty, and teacher education program.
Education & Training:
UCSD, 3.38 GPA, 6 classes shy of BSCS
Won campus backgammon tournament 2X
Introduction to JAVA 1996
Introduction to Oracle & PL/SQL 1998
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.