Vice President Human Resources Resume
|Desired Industry: Executive
|Desired Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
||Date Posted: 11/19/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediate
|Desired Wage: 165,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Human Resource executive position with an organization that is committed to be an industry leader in its field, is that is committed to the managerial and organizational development of its people and operates with the highest ethical standards.
New Starcom Holdings, Inc. (NSCH) Norwood MA, 2007 - Present
A wholly owned subsidiary of American Capital Strategies. NSCH is the parent company of three wholly owned electrical contracting businesses that span the eastern U.S. coast. The Company consisted of two non-union and one union subsidiary companies. Report to President and Chief Executive Officer.
Vice President Human Resources
Vice President of all Human Resource activities for three subsidiary operating companies. 1,000 employees. Annual sales $175 million, ranked in the top 25 of electrical contractors in the United States.
• Member of the Executive Management Committee that set all strategy for the Company.
• Worked directly with Board of Directors regarding executive compensation and the recruiting and hiring of executive management.
• Developed and implemented the Company’s first Organizational Development programs to include:
o Contract Management for all Project Managers. Over 75 managers trained;
o Leadership Development Programs for Project Managers General Foreman and Foremen. First class consisted of 90 participants.
o Developed first Leadership Development Program for middle managers.
• Successfully redesigned health plans with savings of ~15% over previous year.
InfraSource Services Inc., Media, PA (Company acquired by Quanta Services 8-31-07). 2006 – 2007
One of the largest specialty contractors in the United States. Company operates in two segments, infrastructure and telecommunications services. Company provides design, engineering, procurement, construction, testing and maintenance services for utility infrastructure, and design, procurement, construction and maintenance services for telecommunications infrastructure. Report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Senior Vice President of Human Resource
Sr. Vice President of all Human Resource activities for six subsidiary operating and engineering companies. Directly and indirectly manage staff of eight professionals. 5,000 employees. Annual sales $965 million.
• Secretary to the Board of Directors Compensation Committee. Work directly with Chairman of Compensation Committee.
• Successfully reorganized subsidiary to ensure NLRB compliance of “double breasting” and “alter ego” issues.
• Successfully implemented HR policies and procedures for start up engineering division and acquired engineering company.
• Responsible for the development and implantation of executive compensation and salary administration.
• Formulated and implemented HR vision for HR module of ERP project (JD Edwards).
• Implemented matrix HR organization for the Company, eliminating need for additional professional resources.
JAMES P. URBAS Page 2
MYR GROUP, INC., Rolling Meadows, IL 1996 - 2006
One of the largest electrical specialty contractors in the United States. Services include the construction of electric utility line, commercial and industrial, traffic signal and street lighting services, telecommunication services and power plant and mechanical construction.
Vice President of Human Resources
Vice President of all Human Resources activities for seven subsidiaries, with over 25 profit centers and 3,500-5,000 employees. Annual sales $650 million.
• Formulated and implemented Human Resource strategy as a key member of executive management.
• Developed and implemented the Company’s first Organizational Development programs to ensure executive and middle management candidates for management succession. Courses developed for Executives, Sr. Managers, Middle Managers., and entry level supervisors including Foremen and General Foreman. Trained in excess of 200 managers in the Company’s Leadership Development Program (LDP) and in excess of 600 Foremen and General Foremen trained in the Company’s “Phase I and II” Leadership modules.
• Developed and implemented the Company’s first Succession Plan.
• Developed and implemented the Company’s first Compensation program for all non-executives.
• Developed and implemented Human Resource policies, procedures and compensation programs for the startup of two start-up subsidiaries.
• Successfully integrated two acquired companies which included the change of compensation plans, benefits and policies.
• Developed and/or updated all human resources policies to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, competitiveness and recruitment and retention of employees.
VULCAN MATERIALS CO., Lombard, IL 1991-1996
Largest producer of construction materials and major producer of industrial chemicals in the United States. Annual sales $1.5 billion.
Director of Administration and Human Resources, Vulcan, Midwest Div.
Directed all administration and human resource activities for 31 plants, with 800 employees, 18 unions, and 30 collective bargaining agreements. Annual sales $175 million, managed staff of 10 and a budget of $4 million.
• Formulated and implemented Human Resource strategy as a key member of top management.
• Project manager for the acquisition and zoning of a new greenfield site (first in division history); developed and implemented a comprehensive plan including legal, community, public and government relations which resulted in a site providing projected revenues of $135 million and $35 million in profits.
• Developed and implemented labor strategy for 45 collective bargaining agreements resulting in settlements consisting of long term agreements (more than 60%) and settlements at or below cost of living and/or industry settlements. Chief spokesman for 10 company and/or industry wide labor agreements representing 20 major material producers in the Chicago area.
• Headed growth strategy planning group resulting in the acquisition of 4 companies (7 plants) increasing the company's presence in 2 key market areas.
• Set up and developed the division’s first Safety, Health and Environment department. Developed aggressive 5-year plan resulting in a 42% reduction of reportable injuries, reducing workers' compensation costs by 10%, identifying and closing over 225 occupational health cases. Eliminated all outstanding environmental issues and implemented a pro-active environmental plan to meet or exceed all Government and Corporate regulations.
• Managed the Organizational Development process ensuring executive and middle management candidates for management succession. Division promoted internally for the last 7 middle management and executive positions.
JAMES P. URBAS Page 3
• Developed and implemented supervisory training classes for all first and second level operations supervisors.
• Developed the company’s first "Operations Assistants" training program, recruiting Engineering students from the top mining schools. Estimated savings in excess of $200,000 per year.
• Designed, developed and implemented the division’s first comprehensive Public/Community relations program resulting in the approval and acceptance of the division’s first greenfield site and eliminating potential litigation. The Division received 10 national industry awards for its efforts.
BBA, Management & Industrial Relations, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.