President, Chief Operating Officer Resume
|Desired Industry: Executive
|Desired Job Location: Columbia, Maryland
||Date Posted: 11/12/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 12/1/2007
|Desired Wage: Open
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
I have occupied the Vice President, Chief Operating Officer position in an IT services company, and I am ready for the next level in my career. As the COO I was responsible for overseeing business activities including Operations, Sales and Marketing, Business Development, and Finance.
I have over 20 years of executive experience, and my background in has prepared me to assume significant management responsibilities. This experience includes:
* Strategic planning, business development, P&L management in the defense and intelligence market sectors
* Developing, managing rapidly growing technology organizations
* Directing large-scale integration contracts.
* Applying CMMI and ITIL policies and practices
My TS/SCI clearance was reactivated in May of 2006, but I decided to take time off to pursue my interests in real estate investing and mortgage banking when my last employer ceased operating at the end of 2005. The real estate market is too slow for me, and I am returning to executive management.
I have included my resume, and if there may be a match I would like an opportunity to present my background. I look forward to further discussions on how I can contribute to your success.
Senior Executive / Strategic Planning / Operations & Program Management
Experienced executive leader of high-performance teams and accomplished in board level strategy, operations, marketing, business development, corporate finance, capital infusion, and business intelligence.
• Directed company operations to meet financial and strategic goals (Nova, CSC)
• Started zero-base business unit to bring emerging technology to market, P&L accountability resulting in rapid revenue growth and the highest margin in the division within three years (SofTech)
• Qualified, developed win strategies for over a $1 Billion in opportunities
• Experienced in public sector acquisition regulations and guidelines, business case development, and proposal development
Defined and executed business strategies for growing technology-based organizations:
• Transformed a ‘stove piped’ network services company into an integrated IT Service Management provider, aligning services with the needs business users, improving customer satisfaction and reducing operating costs by more than 10% (Nova)
• Developed business intelligence systems, enabling timely “data-based” decisions to improve operational performance (Nova, CSC)
• Developed short-term and long-range planning and budget development senior executives, integrating business, technology, and solution strategies for over $60 million of initiatives (CSC)
Experienced in Operations and Program Management for large-scale, multi-disciplinary integration contracts:
• Implemented earned value management systems that resulted in more accountability and an 11% increase in operating margins (CSC)
• Directed multiple $25 – 40M programs, built customer relationships that created rapid revenue growth, implemented key performance metrics and increased customer satisfaction from 50% to 95% (CSC)
Career trajectory aligns with enterprises ready to strengthen competitive leadership and financial performance.
KEY BUSINESS CHALLENGES AND RESULTS
Nova Technology, Vice President & Chief Operating Officer (2002 – 2005)
Responsible for day-to-day performance and operations, including Marketing & Sales, Program Management, Business Development, Human Resources, Finance, and internal IT to meet the Company’s strategic plan and financial objectives.
• Developed and executed outsourcing strategies, SLAs, maintained key client relationships, developed strategic partnerships, prepared proposals, negotiated contracts.
• Prepared business plans, participated in board decisions, presented plans for capital infusion.
• Established the performance goals, allocate resources, and developed policies. Oversaw and directed the successful implementation of the Company’s Annual Business Plan.
• Sponsored internal technology initiatives to streamline, redesign and automate operations and workflow, quality assurance, customer service, company knowledge bases, and staff performance. Implemented web-based project management system, increasing visibility into work progress, providing near real-time project management reports, and reducing billing cycle by 75% from 16 to 4 days.
• Ensured that staff were effectively utilized, trained and leveraged technology and internal knowledgebase tools. Developed and executed plan to train and certify entire technical staff to manage and support a Microsoft based network.
• Developed operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives. Redesigned staff benefits and developed Company’s first Employee Handbook, attaining employee retention rate over 95%. Developed company Intranet site to provide benefits and other HR information to employees, reducing related costs over 90%.
• Researched best practices for IT network operations, recommending ITIL™ as the standard for all company IT Service Management (ITSM) operations, to improve overall company competitiveness. Certified as ITIL Foundation and Practitioner (2003, 2004).
• Transformed IT-centric network management services and key performance indicators to business-oriented services to improve support and reduce cost by over 10%.
Computer Sciences Corporation, Director (1991 - 2002)
Directed business operations, business development and several of the Company’s largest IT professional services contracts in Federal market space. Accomplishments include:
• Program Director for multiple $25 – 40M system integration programs. Employed CMMI Practices, Earned Value Management (EVM) and Performance Based Contracting to improve award fees. Two programs were turnarounds that required assimilating large quantities of conflicting information, devising effective recovery strategies, creating multi-disciplinary team alignment, managing multiple priorities, and obtaining client buy–in.
• Business and proposal development. Responsible for developing winning strategies and business solutions for over $200 M in contracts. Identified and evaluated emerging technologies and developed strategies to create business value, outsourcing strategies, system architectures and plans for DoD and civil agencies including Health and Human Services, Education, IRS, VA, FCC, and others.
• Directed the system concept and architecture definition for an efficient, integrated and interoperable web-based disease surveillance system at federal, state and local levels, improving data collection and monitoring for disease trends and/or outbreaks so that public health personnel can protect the nation's health. Work included data modeling/warehousing, analysis, and visualization and outbreak detection algorithms.
• Strategic partner in program reviews and presentations to the IRS Commissioner, senior executives and Capitol Hill staff, aligning IT initiatives with business goals, resulting in over $60 M of initiatives.
• Selected by the Division President to lead the Y2K program. Assessed and repaired company IT assets at over 140 sites; developed case-for-action presentation to the CFO for an enterprise desktop management system to manage and distribute software updates, resulting in saving over $500,000 annually.
SofTech (acquired by CACI), Director
Director of Operations. Start-up of Houston based operations to offer Ada consulting services to NASA. Responsibilities included P&L, marketing, business development, operations management, planning, and budgeting. Served as a founding member of a NASA/Academia/Industry cooperative to establish the Research Institute for Computing and Information Systems, resulting in SofTech having the largest share of NASA funded research projects. Led the development of proof-of-concept for the Processing Graph Method to support the data-flow architecture of U.S. Navy signal processors.
Litton-Amecom, Program Manager
Directed C4ISR programs, including the development of the DoD’s first fully integrated digital ELINT analysis system.
BS, Engineering Physics,
University of Oklahoma
TS/SCI – BI within 24 months
Naval Flight Officer,
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.