Business System Analyst / Lead Developer Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Franklin, Tennessee
||Date Posted: 9/4/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 9/3/2007
|Desired Wage: 70000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: No
Technodyne, Wayne, NJ
Oracle Business Intelligence (Oracle Discoverer) Administrator / Developer , 9/2006 – 10/2006
Environment : Oracle 10g, Oracle Business Intelligence Tool-Oracle Discoverer 10 g, Oracle Discoverer Administrator 10, Oracle Portal 10, Unix Sun OS 5.8
· Perform Administrative tasks in Discoverer Administrator such as granting privileges, creation of custom, complex and summary folders, linking folders for Drill-to-detail and configuration.
· Creation of items, hierarchies, calculations, conditions, joins and fan traps.
· Create and grant business area access and EULs.
· Created multidimensional OLAP cubes for use with Oracle BI Discoverer for OLAP in a datawarehousing environment.
· Added the OLAP Option to Oracle BI Discoverer and gave the ability to query and report against the data, using a logical dimensional model.
· Tested the existing OLAP environment and provided suggestions for faster performance and performed database tuning.
· Creating SQL queries and registering custom PL SQL Functions.
· Created multiple complex reports in Discoverer Plus 10 g.
· Created Executive Dashboards and integrated with Portal 10.
· Using Portal 10 g, created and puslished the URLs, favorites, portlets, established the portal views.
· Provide access and security features for the sites.
Renaissance IT ( Division of Renaissance Healthcare Systems ) , Houston, TX
Business / System Analyst / Lead Programmer Analyst , 11/2004 – 2/2006
Environment : Oracle 9i / Oracle 10g, Toad 7.1, Oracle Business Intelligence Tool-Oracle Discoverer 10 g, Oracle Discoverer Administrator 9.0.2., Oracle Portal 220.127.116.11.0, Oracle Forms 9iAS, SQL, PL SQL and Unix Sun OS 5.8
· Facilitated numerous requirement reviews with subject matter experts, team members and clients, managing expectations, issues and scope, prioritized and executed tasks and met deadlines.
· Worked with multiple clients and multiple projects at the same time in a Datawarehouse environment, in a team as well as independently.
· Involved in the full life cycle development of the projects.
· Worked in identifying the business system design, system objectives, customer requirements along with gathering and documenting data requirements.
· As a part of business analysis, interacted with customers through weekly conference calls and translated the business requirement from business team to the technical team.
· Contributed a lot in providing solutions and enhancements to the existing products.
· Intereacted and worked with the Customers to troubleshoot problems.
· Performed DBA duties such as database tuning, table creation, materialized view creation, roles, indexes including creation of triggers, integrity constriants, partitioning and bulk binding, data mapping along with Production Support.
· Performed Administrative tasks in Discoverer Administrator such as creation , performance tuning and implementation of EUL and Business Areas along with Configuaration.
· Set up new Configurations and enhanced existing Configurations.
· Created 50+ complex reports in OLAP tool-Discoverer 10 g.
· Created multidimensional OLAP cubes and implemented for use with Oracle BI Discoverer for OLAP.
· Worked on complex data warehousing project that involves staging area design, ETL, data cleansing, OLAP and online reporting.
· Reviewed and converted several existing reports to new ones as per need.
· Created the web pages for the clients in Portal.
· Used Oracle Application Express under several circumstances.
· Performed Row Level Security and VPD security for the Discoverer Reports.
· Linked the Discoverer reports to Portal for the users to access directly from portal.
· Incharge of creating and publishing portlets, URLs, hierarchy, favorites, establish portal views and graphs , links and access security for the new area.
· Created Forms and Reports using Oracle Portal.
· Created Administrative Forms through Forms 9iAS and linked to the portal.
· Analyzed customer Business Areas and Workbooks for good performance.
· Wrote stored procedures, functions and triggers using Toad 7.1 / PL SQL.
· Wrote SQL queries for new functionalities as well as to retrieve data in the form of reports.
· Incharge of routine data load tasks / migration of data, on a daily basis using MS Access and Unix Sun OS 5.8.
· Handling and solving issues arising from the clients and users along with training and documentation works.
· Created test plans and provided support for test plans.
· Performed process flow documentation and post-development evaluations.
· Involved in troubleshooting and debugging the application and database.
· Created technical specifications.
Healthcare Services, Nashville, TN
Sr. Analyst Programmer, 08/2004
Environment : Oracle 8i Oracle 9i, Reports 6i, Sql * Plus,
PL/ SQL, Oracle Web Reports, Windows 98/NT, Unix, Toad 7.1
· Involved in the preparation of Reports for the Payroll Processing.
· Reports were created using Reports 6i.
· Involved in writing stored procedures, functions and triggers.
NEXTEL Communications, VA (On Track – Customer Refund Processing)
Sr. Analyst Programmer, 9/2003 – 12/2003
Environment: Oracle 8i / 9i, Dev 2000, Forms 5/6i/9i, Reports 6i, Sql * Plus,
PL/ SQL, Oracle Web Forms, Oracle Web Reports, Sql Navigator, SQL*Net, Windows 98/NT, Unix MS Office 2000, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access 97/2000, MS PowerPoint, MS Project.
· Involved in the business analysis, development phase, screen design, preparation of user manual, result documentation, preparation and review of technical documentation, code review, preparation of test plans,
analysis of data problem of Customer Refund Processing module of the On Track Project in NEXTEL Communications, which is to be an interaction with Oracle Apps & People Soft modules.
· Developed Forms using Forms 5/6i.
· Developed Reports using Reports 6i.
· Created reports which generated .txt, .xls, and .pdf outputs.
· Developed SQL Reports using SQL* PLUS.
· Created test plans and with providing support for testing activities.
· Involved in writing stored procedures, functions, database triggers, ref cursors and views.
· Utilized SQL* Navigator for writing Database Triggers.
· Effectively utilized Test Director 7.2 for Testing.
United States Department of Agriculture, MD (SAMS – Salary Management Systems & ARMPS- Annual Resource Management Planning Systems)
Sr. Programmer Analyst , 7/2002 - 5/2003
Environment: Oracle 8i, 9iAS, Dev 2000, Forms 5/6i/9i, Reports 6i, Designer 6i/9i, Discoverer 9i, Sql * Plus,
PL/ SQL Web Tool Kit, Oracle Web Forms, Oracle Web Reports, Sql Navigator, SQL*Net, Oracle Portal, MS Access, Toad 7.1, Windows 98/NT, Jdeveloper, Java Script, HTML, MS Office 2000, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access 97/2000, FoxPro, MS PowerPoint, MS Project.
· Certified by Brainbench Oracle Developer 2000.
· Diploma in Systems Management from NIIT, Chennai, India.
· Diploma in RDBMS from Software Solutions Integrated Limited, Chennai, India.
· Certificate Course in Advanced Java from Amionics, Chennai, India.
· Diploma in Human Resources Development from All India Institute of Management Studies.
· Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations from All India Institute of Management Studies.
· Master of Arts (Public Administration) from University of Madras, Chennai, India.
· Bachelor of Arts (English Literature) from Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed Women's College, Chennai, India.
· More than Nine years of IT experience in full life cycle development of the project which includes multiple activities such as business analysis, system analysis, database design, logical data modeling, data analysis, table design, project workflow, includes screen design, table design, preparation of user manual, database audit, result documentation, preparation of user manual, preparation and review of technical documentation, preparation of test plans, analysis of data problem, configuration and development of the program.
· Work experience in the United States of America with leading clients such as United States Department of Agriculture, Nextel, Healthcare Services, Renaissance IT and Technodyne.
· Good experience in developing and administering Business Intelligence reports using Oracle Discoverer/Discoverer Administrator 10g and creating Portal Web Page using Oracle Portal 18.104.22.168.0.
· 6 years experience in Oracle which includes Oracle 7.1 / 8.0 / 8i / 9iAS, 10 g, Toad 7.1.
· 6 years experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Developer 2000 (ver 2.1), Forms 4.5, 5.0, 6i, 9i Oracle Web Forms, Reports 2.5, Reports 6i, 9i Oracle Web Reports, Graphics 2.5,6i.
· 4+ years experience in Designer 2000/6i and 2+ years experience in Discoverer 2000/9i.
· 3+ years experience in Pro * C and writing Unix Shell Scripts.
· 2+ years experience in Oracle Portal 3.0 and SQL * Loader.
· Proficient in DBA Duties such as table creation, roles, indexes, and user creation, data, import / export, index, triggers, integrity constraints, configuration and performance tuning in VLDB.
· Expertise in PL/SQL 8.0 programming to develop Stored Procedures/Functions and Database triggers including standard packages like DBMS_SQL, DBMS_PIPE, DBMS_JOBS, UTIL_FILE, and DBMS_OUTPUT.
· Experienced in PL/SQL Web tool kit (HTP, HTF, OWA_UTIL) and SQL Server.
· Developed SQL Reports using SQL*PLUS and generated ad hoc queries.
· Expertise in MS Office 2003, 2007, Exchange 2007, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access 97/2000, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, IIS 5,6.
· Good knowledge in Visual Basic 6.0, Crystal Reports 8.0, SQL Server 6.5/7.0 and MS Access.
· Experience in OS – Win 95/95/2000, NT, Unix (HP-UX), Solaris.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.