Sales, Business Development, Product Management Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia
||Date Posted: 7/10/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: MBA
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
Technology related business executive with over 20 years’ experience leading efforts in both small and large organizations to grow and/or rationalize their business plan. Global experience. Particularly strong at identifying appropriate areas of focus by fact based analysis. Strong sales, product, technology and P&L management. MBA and Six Sigma Certified. Particular strength in SaaS based technology solutions.
* Executive Level Negotiator, Strategist and Business Combination Planning – Reported to Board subcommittee to lead corporate M&A activities. Rescued multi-billion dollar manufacturing customer from point of disappointment to selecting company as its global supply chain technology provider across all business units and geographies.
* Leadership – Rationalized technology footprint resulting from unrestrained acquisitions with no consideration of cost management to an efficient operating model. Implemented off-shore strategies for customer service, quality assurance and back office services. Believer in leveraging off-the-shelf disciplines whether it is ITIL for service delivery, Miller-Heiman for sales or Six Sigma for metrics as a tools to establish organizational vocabulary and thought frameworks
* Team Optimization – Rationalized 100+ IT organization to cut direct reports in half while establishing product line ownership and implementation of ITIL methodology to guide efforts in SaaS offering. Lead on company integration related to acquisition of CommerceOne which included personnel, customer support and customer growth dimensions. Focused Sales, Marketing and Product Management on the areas that mattered most.
* Entrepreneur/Innovator – Drove company efforts to implement self service tools to reduce cost of service for areas such as catalog management and supplier on-boarding. Drove key strategic sales to top 10 global financial institutions to fund rapid acceleration to e-procurement product.
* Customer Service/Customer Relations – Leveraging ITIL, implemented, from scratch, Incident Management, Problem Management, Application Management and Availability Management practices to address most severe customer service concerns with constrained resources
Perfect Commerce, Inc., Kansas City, MO, Sept 2004–May 2007. Privately held Supply Chain Management company that operates a global trading network and offers on-demand source-to-pay applications to a US and European buying companies and a global base of suppliers. Customers include Johnson Controls, BNP Paribas, First Energy, Honeywell and BellSouth.
Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Technology Officer.
Hands on management of sale process ranging from valuation analysis, product positioning, market positioning, integration planning, company synergies, transition cost estimation, sale agreement structure, representations and warrants and pro-forma financial projections.
Transformed technology and product strategy in a company that grew through acquisition during a 6 year period. Initiatives involved focusing the product strategy, aligning incoming customer requirements with industry serving product improvements and implementing processes to ensure that contractual commitments were deliverable within the organization’s capacity. When named as CIO, inherited fragmented organization. Reorganized around product and specialist competencies to dramatically improve productivity. Completely overhauled customer service and service delivery by leveraging ITIL methodology generally and Incident Management, Problem Management and Availability Management specifically. Instrumental in establishing formal HR policies, promotion paths, and annual written performance reviews. Complete budgeting responsibility for $25 million operating budget. 5 direct, 87 indirect reports.
* Executive Sponsor on existing strategic accounts such as Johnson Controls resulting in the creation of global opportunities and deployments at a time with Perfect Commerce experienced customer erosion challenges.
* Executive Sponsor for new prospects such as BNP Paribas that enabled Perfect Commerce, as a small company, to win a $5M+ deal over established competitors such as Ariba. As CIO, continued on to ensure that this top 10 Global Financial institutions project was delivered after the sale.
* Implemented processes and operating structures such as the “Hot Issues” meeting that resulted, for the first time in the company’s history, in customer reported issues being managed, reported on and closed.
* Dramatically improved, in measurable ways, the quality of the technology solution subscribed to by customers in terms of both Service Levels and reliability
* Managed launch and implementation of several off-shore (low cost country) initiatives for both development and customer service that lowered the cost basis of these functions by 35% on average.
* Where pre-existing off-shore initiative failed, established onshore team to completely revamp .NET code base and create a market competitive and robust on-demand solution offering.
* Provided organizational as well as Board guidance on product, company, merger and globalization strategies.
Software AG, Reston, MD, March 2003 - Sept 2004. €438MM Software company, headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany, provides a full range of products and services to deliver a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) IT infrastructure, based on over thirty-five years experience in high-performance databases, application development tools and integration technologies.
Eastern Region Sales Director and State and Local Government Solutions Director
Lead sales team across several markets in eastern North America (US and Canada) as well as State and Local Government nationally. Thought leader and sales leader in moving both the sales team and extended organization from legacy database renewals to selling new web services based integration solutions. Worked directly with leading edge customers, such as Florida Community College at Jacksonville as they implemented an architecture that now includes over 100 “exposed” web services into its production environment. This effort was of critical importance to the company as it began to shift its business focus toward a modern and relevant SOA enabling solutions company.
* Managed team of 6 geography sales reps plus 7 Line of Business reps with a $17.5M quota.
* Leveraged domain expertise in SLG, Higher Ed, Financial Services, Energy, Manufacturing and Retail.
* Migrated team from product to solutions selling approach and increased Professional Services component through leveraging Miller-Heiman
* Mentored team to craft $1M+ deals with recurring revenue piece and won multiple CustomerFirst awards.
* Crafted customer solutions to extended legacy applications through web enablement with focus on SOA, ESB and Web services.
* Led the efforts for major wins at accounts including Delta Airlines, State of South Carolina, State of Florida, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and Boston University.
* Worked directly with marketing teams to increase the competitiveness of solutions and fill gaps in security approach, business process management, web services management and metadata management.
GXS and GE Information Services, Gaithersburg, MD. 1997 - 2003 . $ 400MM Supply Chain business unit of GE. World’s largest trading network, branded as the Trading Grid. Global footprint that includes processing centers in North America, Europe and ASPAC. Before taken private by Francisco Partners, reported through office of corporate CIO of GE and a direct participant in GE internet based supply chain initiatives.
General Manager, Sales Director and Account Executive
Rapid advance through GE after entry into organization as an account executive, ultimately achieving GE Executive band status. Through this advancement, held multiple posts that began with direct quota sales through sales management and ultimately initiative leadership through the office of the GE Corporate CIO. Focused on and the business of supply chain management throughout all GE assignments. GE MDC trained and Six Sigma (Green Belt) certified.
* Managed 5 to 15 sales representatives on a national and international basis with sales revenue targets ranging from $2OM to $5OM, winning multiple GE MarkMaker Awards.
* Guided sales teams through several restructurings and ultimately a business sale.
* Out-performed peer selling teams and obtained 100% Six Sigma certification status.
* Educated team to enable sales of cross industry Supply Chain (application and transactional) solutions.
* Established working relationships with key consulting partners including KPMG and CGEY.
* Named to CEO “Tiger Team” to identify product and service gaps with the greatest impact on revenue.
* Blended EDI structures, XML flavors, Web Services, Portals and applications into a cohesive solution.
* Addressed supply chain issues including Sourcing, e-Procurement, catalog management, Purchase Order management, invoice adjudication and payment processing.
* Corporate liaison to GE Power Systems determine Internet, e-Procurement and e-marketplaces strategies and initiatives.
* #1 Sales Executive in utilities and telecommunications vertical, top 10 among all industries.
* Consistent over quota track record, with best year 200% of quota.
Utility Partners, Inc., Tampa Florida. 1995 - 1997. $20MM Utility Industry Software and Mobile Technology solutions provider.
Vice President, Software Development and Operations
Keane, Inc. (formerly AGS Information Services) Tampa, FL 1988 to 1995
Vice President / Branch Manager and Sales Manager
MBA, University of South Florida, Finance and Marketing, Tampa, FL. 1991. Phi Kappa Phi.
BS Chemistry, Computer Science minor, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion, PA. 1980.
Please refer to Objective Section
• CustomerFirst, Total Quality Management and various HR management courses
• Six Sigma GE Green Belt Certifications.
• GE Management Development Course 2001, Jack Welch Corporate Development Center.
• GXS Product and Service Certifications; EC Service Center, Integration Brokers and Intelligent Adapters.
• Sales Force Productivity and Sales Executive Council (Corporate Executive Board).
• Sales Management and Consultative Selling Techniques.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.