Purchasing Director/Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Purchasing/Buyers
|Desired Job Location: Cleveland, Ohio
||Date Posted: 6/25/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: as soon as possible
|Desired Wage: $95,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
BRIAN N. GIGLIOTTI
18495 Butternut Circle ● Strongsville, OH 44136 ● H: (440) 238-2274 ● C: (216) 403-9742 ● firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCING DIRECTIOR / PURCHASING MANAGER
Sourcing and Purchasing professional with 20 plus years of successful team management. Leadership skills have produced significant cost reductions and supply chain improvement including lead time reduction and improved quality. Lead innovation through technology and internal change. Demonstrated skills and expertise include:
• Contract Negotiations • Supervision / Leadership
• Fleet Agreements • Cost Savings / Efficiencies
• Vendor Relations • International Sourcing/China
• Organizational Innovations • Team Building
ALLIED PRINTING SOLUTIONS, Oakwood Village, OH 2006-Present
A quality manufacturer of custom made, signage, POP, decals and other quality printed products since 1946. Printing facilities include large format digital and screen printing capability.
Director of Sales Business Development
• Established over twenty new accounts.
• Generated over $500,000 in new business.
AMERICAN GREETINGS CORPORATION, Cleveland, OH 1986 to 2006
$2.2 billion dollar manufacturer of greeting cards and related consumer products, with 12 domestic manufacturing and distribution centers.
Director Global Sourcing, Indirect Spending (1998 to 2006)
Responsible for Permanent and Temporary displays, Corporate Corrugated Contract, Corporate Signage, Fleet, Travel and Sales Promotion.
• Led supply chain effort to negotiate new corrugated contract valued $17 million.
• Reduced cost and supply chain inventory levels $800,000.
• Spearheaded cost take-out initiatives across indirect buy, realizing $2 million in first year savings and minimum $1 million per year annually.
• Negotiated new fleet agreement with General Motors, achieving initial savings of $1 million and currently $400 to 800,000 annually.
• Identified $15 million target savings, implementing and achieving up to $3 million in cost reductions; these including improvements in ordering, reductions in various inventories, healthcare targets, and fleet management.
• Developed catalog contract including creative through production; eliminating 6 staff positions and reducing costs up to $300,000 annually.
• Reduced Corporate Travel expenses on average $300,000 per year.
Director of Purchasing, Finished Product (1990 to 1998)
Managed staff of 20, which included Managers, Purchasing Agents, Buyers, day to day operation of our Hong Kong office.
• Responsible for consumer bags, party goods, calendars, Christmas ornaments, ceramics, plush, and all outside printing supporting the creative division.
• Established new vendors and reduced cost through development and cultivation of sourcing in Hong and China. Made multiple trips to Hong Kong and China for sourcing and negotiations.
• Re-organized Purchasing into individual teams to improve service to Marketing and Creative. Team concept still exists today.
• Worked closely with Marketing and Creative to develop new products and at the same time reduce cost of goods.
• Established new product development procedures and policies.
• Reduced staff and increased efficiencies though re-organization and technology solutions.
• Consistently reduced cost for corporation by a minimum of 5% to 10% per year through varied means of cost reductions.
Manager Purchasing, Finished Product/Capital Equipment (1986 to 1990)
MAX FACTOR, Raleigh, NC 1984 to 1986
Buying responsibility of $5 million for the Halston fragrance line for men, women and everyday product including promotional programs.
AMERICAN GREETINGS, Cleveland, OH 1974 to 1984
Buyer & Inventory Positions
EDUCATION / TRAINING
B.A. History & Political Science, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
Case Western Weatherhead Management Training
Negotiating Strategies & Tactics – Karass
Fact Based Decision Making
Financial Decision Making
Continental Travel Advisory Board
American Express Advisory Board
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.