Business Development Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Pleasanton, California
||Date Posted: 6/2/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: june 07
|Desired Wage: 100000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: MBA
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Business Development Manager
Thomas F. Rosenkranz 925-719-1800
3661 Gettysburg Court South Pleasanton, CA 94588 firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Objective: A leadership position in a technology environment, exploiting unique technologies for maximum shareholder value.
MEMS Optical, Inc: Huntsville, AL 2006- now
· Business Development Manager: Responsible for developing new accounts for this firm’s lithographic optics fabrication technology in the Telecom, Military, Industrial, Biomedical, Aerospace, and Consumer markets. Respresented the Company at Trade Shows. Technology based on unique grey scale litho patents licensed from Lockeed Martin.
o Cultivated Finisar, L-3, FLIR Systems, Palomar, ITT Nightvision, as examples of target accounts.
McCampbell Analytical Inc: Pacheco, CA 2003- 2006
· Sales/Project Manager: Responsible for developing the Northern California market for this Environmental Analytical Laboratory. Clients included Environmental Consulting Firms, State, County, and Local Water and Land Resource organizations. Represented Company at trade association meetings. Published a monthly newsletter and a laboratory manual. Purchased a $5million building and built-out a new 31,000 square foot laboratory facility for sales expansion.
o Increased sales from $4million to $6million by sorting the regional market and concentrating sales efforts on large accounts.
RMI Corporation: (Factories in Korea, USA, and Russia) Lafayette, CO. 2003
· Vice President Sales & Marketing; Supervised and improved a 7 person International Direct Sales force for the US and Japanese market, and developed 3rd party representatives for the Israel, and European Markets, for this international optics manufacturer. Responsibilities include developing new market opportunities, competitive analysis, forecasting, pricing, sales promotion including advertising and trade shows, budgeting, organizing the sales department, business planning, and supervising the sales force. Wrote and implemented a strategic plan that doubled the size of the business in two years. Analyzed yield and defective return rates of all products and developed corrective actions, in consultation with the Manufacturing Department.
o At RMI, exploited this firm’s unique US Market position in Thermal Imaging Optics by identifying and developing Millitram as a 3rd party rep firm for the $20million Israel IR Optics market.
CVI Laser Corporation: (Factories in Korea, USA, PRC, and United Kingdom) Livermore, CA 2000-2002
· Director of Sales-Industrial, Telecom, and Bio Medical, 2001-2002. After the Telecom Market declined, diversified the product/ market matrix by developing Medical, Material Processing, Automotive, Homeland Security, Lighting, Anti-counterfeiting, Environmental, Printing, and other markets as concentration areas. Wrote strategic sales plans and budgets. Supervised 5 Sales Engineers and was responsible for 35% of Company Sales.
o At CVI, upon meltdown of the Telecom Market, identified and developed new Industrial market segments for the existing and enhanced manufacturing capability, thereby preserving $12million in sales.
· National Sales Manager-Telecom Optics; 2001. Identified international and national sales territories, and built a national force of sales engineers for bulk optics sales. Qualified a new contract-manufacturing channel. Developed National Accounts. Analyzed customer specifications for manufacturing feasibility and made bid/no-bid decisions. Supervised 33 manufacture’s rep firms deployed outside the US. Increased active accounts from 5 to 88 during this period.
· Sales Manager–Western Region: 2000. Created a regional sales force to startup a marketing initiative for the Telecom Market. Developed 44 fiber optic component applications for a product line of waveplates, beamsplitters, etalons, walk-off crystals, faraday rotators, and micro-optics in the telecom market. Evolved this product line over time. Developed offshore manufacturing assets, in PRC, to supplement Company manufacturing capabilities.
General Atomics, Staff Engineer–Advanced Materials Technology Division, San Diego, CA. 1999-2000.
Scaled the manufacturing process for a startup venture in STEALTH coatings for Infra-red Reflecting pigments. Specified, purchased, and installed plant equipment. Developed a strategic partnership capitalizing on GA’s unique multi-layer process capabilities to expand into Commercial Markets. Designed a thin film coating manufacturing plant for DWDM Filters, for Telecommunications Components.
o At General Atomics, applied the existing multilayer aluminum pigment manufacturing capability for STEALTH coatings, to printing and effects coatings by teaming with Silberline Corporation, as a distribution partner, in the $20million commercial printing segment.
Life University & Clayton State University, Marietta, GA; Assistant Professor. 1992–1998.
Taught Chemistry and Business full time at the University.
ITD Industries, Director of Engineering (90 – 92 Tampa, FL); Himac Inc, General Manager (88 – 90 Atlanta, GA); Custom Coating, Project Manager (88 Worcester, MA); and Scharr Ind. General Manager (87 – 88 Bloomfield, CT):
Led the startup and P&L of four New Ventures in the web-coating field. Capitalized on advanced vacuum or solution coating process technologies. Current sales, from these ventures, exceed $50M.
Optical Coating Laboratory Inc, Santa Rosa, CA (JDS Uniphase), Marketing Manager (84-87), Market Manager (82-84), & Market Development Manager (81-82), 1981-1987.
Executed sales plans for the startup Flex Products, Inc in the Color Shift pigment field, for US Currency. Managed sales engineers. Planned the worldwide sales of antireflection and transparent conductive coatings for Displays. Studied and recommended new ventures for the Corporation.
o At OCLI, upon cancellation of a $17million Development Contract by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) for New Design US Currency; implemented the early market development work that changed the product form from a customer incompatible stamping foil, to a customer compatible printing ink, based on multilayer aluminum pigment manufacturing technology. This is now an $80million business.
o At OCLI, after completing two comprehensive Industry Studies, recommended a new Corporate Venture in Thin Film Magnetic Disks and did not recommend a new Corporate Venture in Thin Film Magnetic Heads.
Earlier: 1972-1981 Northern Petrochemical Company (Product Development Manager and Technical Manager) Ethyl-Visqueen Corp (Production Manager, Assistant Production Manager and Shift Foreman). and RCA Corp. (Research Associate).
MBA, Business Administration, Capital University, Columbus, Ohio.
MS, Chemistry, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ.
BA, Chemistry, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ.
AAS, Chemical Technology, Middlesex County College, Edison, NJ.
Member OSA, SPIE, and SVC.
Short Course: Fabrication and Processing of Nanostructures, August 14, 2006, SPIE Annual Meeting
· Team Leadership: Formed, stormed, normed, and performed with four new venture teams in manufacturing contexts and 3 marketing/sales teams for new sales initiatives in marketing contexts.
· Novel Initiatives: Sourced optics from China to fill out product line and supplement domestic manufacturing capacity. Exploited a unique manufacturing capability by expanding sales to Israel where none existed.
· Market Leadership: Spot trends in dynamic markets and formulate strategy before others act. Frequently caught competitors napping.
· Staffing Excellence: Consistently recruit top talent who “can do” and “will do”.
· Broad Perspective: Decided early in career to develop as a generalist rather than as a specialist. Management background in most functional areas
Creative Business Developer for defense, optics and thin-film coating manufacturers:
· Built high performance sales teams, for new marketing initiatives, at OCLI, CVI, and RMI that exceeded forecasts. Pioneered new accounts, in Micro-optics, for MEMS Optical Inc.
· Led the construction, startup, and steady-state operation, of 4 manufacturing ventures, two of which employed vacuum coating technologies. Was team member for 2 other startups, total of 6 manufacturing startup ventures.
· Advanced degrees in Business (MBA) and Chemistry (MS).
· About 7 years of International sales management experience in Asia (Japan), Europe, and the Middle East (Israel).
· Recent short course in Nanotechnology.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.