|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Vancouver, Washington
||Date Posted: 5/29/2007
|Type of Position: Contractor
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: No
Challenging telecommute technical writing or editing position.
20 years' experience working on a wide variety of technical writing projects.
Project types include
1. “Stereotypical” tech writing – user manuals for software and hardware and software reference manuals
2. Training materials (some info mapping background, good understanding of step-wise instruction)
3. White papers
4. “Business” articles such as company profiles, case studies, vision plans, and press releases
5. Journalism – feature stories, interviews, short info-bites – on a very wide range of topics (good at research and interviewing subject-matter experts)
6. Online help systems
8. Document conversion (such as MS Word to FrameMaker or PDF)
9. Editing (copy editing, content editing, and consistency editing – the latter for documents that have been compiled from pieces written by several different authors)
10. Conference materials (registration booklets, programs, other stuff)
11. Conference presentations (creating and/or editing)
12. Web content generation, including some background in search engine optimization
13. Fairly good at web design and HTML coding
14. I have also done “re-works” of existing web sites.
15. Software specs and SDK (software development kit) documentation
16. Product reviews
17. Newsletters (either editing, or generating content)
18. Editing of software application error messages and other graphical user interface components (dialog boxes, menus, etc.)
19. Some background in accessibility, usability, and readability as they pertain to the design of websites (I have given conference presentations on this)
Bachelor's of Science - Mathematics
Master's of Technical and Professional Writing
Society for Technical Communication - senior member
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows, MVS, VMS, CMS, OS/2, DOS, Macintosh
Software: FrameMaker (structured and unstructured); RoboHelp; Adobe Acrobat; HomeSite; HTML Help Workshop; DreamWeaver; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Visio; SmartDraw; various screen capturing systems
As a telecommuter, I am familiar with the Internet, Web pages, file transmission, and other online technologies. Recent clients include Passware, Circolo Media, Intel, Mentor Graphics, Tektronix, Hinds Instruments, and Software Technology Group.
* Publications Coordinator for 1998 and 2001-2005 Western Users of SAS Software Conferences
* Awards for books and articles in publications competitions and journalism competitions
* Pacific Lutheran University Outstanding Youth Alumni Achievement award - 1991
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.