Petroleum Technician Resume
|Desired Industry: Laboratory Technician
|Desired Job Location: killeen, Texas
||Date Posted: 4/15/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 05/01/2007
|Desired Wage: 65000/yr
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
• Demonstrated achiever with exceptional knowledge of budgeting large Government contracts.
• Strong deductive reasoning and leadership skills.
• Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, works well under pressure, and communicates ideas concise and effectively.
• Extensive computer training, including knowledge of multiple networking systems.
Feb/2007- Present Professional Performance Development Group; Killeen, TX
Petroleum Laboratory Technician
• Responsible for following quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) procedures for collection and analysis of
samples to include maintaining accurate sample records, equipment maintenance, and calibration logs.
• Receives fuel samples and conducts test on petroleum products in accordance with ASTM test methods.
• Performs routine maintenance of laboratory equipment and document activities within the laboratory;
troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment problems and performs standard repairs
• Performs Quality Assurance Inspections on all Government Tankers, Barges, Railcars, and Pipelines.
Aug/2005-Oct/2006 United States Army Sustainment Command; Killeen, TX
Senior Petroleum Supervisor
• Directed fuel management operations and inventory management of ground and aviation fuels in support of world missions.
• Assigned 210 petroleum personnel in accordance with commander and staff for operating requirements on contingency and peacetime fuels support.
• Accounted for $26 million worth of portable Petroleum Storage Tanks which could store in excess of 1.5 million gallons of product at any given time.
• Utilized Microsoft Office programs to create spreadsheets, slide presentations, and budget requests which were used to brief vital petroleum information.
Jul/2002-Aug/2005 United States Army European Command; Wiesbaden, Germany
Petroleum Operations Supervisor
• Supervised Petroleum Operations for four Petroleum Distribution Units that consisted of 240 personnel and $22 million worth of Petroleum Equipment.
• Oversaw the distribution of 22 million gallons of Jet Propellant Fuel to US and Coalition Forces during the initial phase of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• Provided Petroleum Operational Support to NATO Forces during joint operations between US and NATO Allies.
• Received various commendations for superb leadership under stressful combat situations.
Jun/2000-Jul/2002 United States Army Air Defense Center; El Paso, TX
Petroleum Storage Facility Supervisor
• Managed a 270,000 gallon Diesel and Aviation fuel Petroleum Storage Facility with three civilian contractors.
• Procured funds from Department of Defense and Federal Agencies to maintain and upgrade the Petroleum Storage Facility.
• Established reports to track annual facility output and budget requirements for fiscal year operations.
• Worked with Environmental Protection Agency to put in place Environmental policies which were utilized to decrease air and ground pollution from military sources.
May/1997-Jun/2000 United States Army Recruiting Command; Dallas, TX
Army and Army Reserve Recruiter
• Utilized Basic Recruiter Management Systems to qualify applicants for enlistment in the United States Army and Army Reserves.
• Conducted cold calls to High School and College students; provided one on one sales presentations and area canvassing.
• Exceeded annual recruiting quotas four straight years which earned many prestigious United States Army Recruiting Awards.
• Briefed City Officials on the impact of Army recruitment on their communities and conducted various job fairs throughout the city.
Apr/1986-May/1997 United States Army Petroleum Center; Petersburg, VA
• Lectured on packaging operations, supply point operations, bulk fuel terminal, and pipeline operations.
• Utilized American Petroleum Institute standards to conduct test and analyze fuel suitability.
• Lead a team that tested a $4 million Petroleum Distribution System which was designed for the Army by Phillips Petroleum Company.
• Trained Soldiers on Pump Station Operations, Storage Tank gagging and maintenance, and Scheduling and Batching of petroleum products.
Oct/1985-Mar/1986 Texas Oil Company; Dallas, TX
Detail Pipe Draftsman
• Designed piping systems and prepared equipment layouts for power plants.
• Detailed drawings for major oil production projects throughout the Southwest and Gulf region States.
• Coordinated work assignments and assured adherence to established budgets and schedules.
• Responsible for field measuring and routing new pipelines and new equipment layout in existing plant
• University of Maryland University College, APO, AE
Master of Science, Environmental Studies
• Northeastern Oklahoma State University, Tulsa, OK.
Bachelors of Science, Petroleum Engineering
• Platt College, Tulsa, OK
Diploma, Piping and Industrial Design
• US Army Petroleum Center, Petersburg, VA
Petroleum Pipeline, Terminal & Laboratory Operations
• Department of Transportation, El Paso, TX
Diploma, Hazardous Waste Material Operator
• US Army Soldier Support Institute, Fort Jackson, SC
Diploma, Recruiting and Retention School
• Institute for Professional Development, Fort Eustis, VA
Diploma, Logistical Support Operations
• Emergency Management Institute, Washington D.C.
Diploma, Environmental Emergency Services
• Computer- aided drafting
• Defense Fuels Automated Systems
• Microsoft Offices
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.