Purchasing Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Purchasing/Buyers
|Desired Job Location: Houston, Texas
||Date Posted: 3/31/2007
|Type of Position: Contractor
|Desired Wage: $ 225,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Other
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Purchasing & Inventory Control Engineering, Procurement & Construction field
Negotiation & Supervision
Oil & Gas industry (Exploration, Production, Drilling)
Multicultural Knowledge Administration – Procurement Tracking Systems
WORLEY PARSONS / DELTA-AFRIK: Senior Buyer (Lagos, Nigeria)
Dates: 29 January 2007 to date:
• Ensure Corporate Procurement supply chains maximize value
• Delivery of the procurement business plan, establishment and meet Key Performance Index targets.
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of the market trends and build Supplier relationships / Vendor management.
• Provide effective team leadership & motivation and develop procurement staff competencies.
• Maximizing global leverage, supplier performance, and regional synergies
• Apply SCM tools i.e. ensure use of On-line-bidding.
• Support operations to ensure production continues without material shortages.
• Minimize outstanding Purchase Requisitions and reduce/keep short PR processing time.
• Monitor & progress critical & high value Purchase Orders.
• Resolve procurement issues.
ROYAL DUTCH SHELL: Senior Buyer (Lagos, Nigeria)
Dates: 1 December 2005 to 26 January 2007.
• Receive, examine and process departmental requisitions; solicit bids from vendors; accomplish the purchase of supplies, equipment and services for offshore Sea Eagle and Bonga platforms in Nigeria
• Prepare bid specifications and other necessary documents related to the purchase of supplies, materials and equipment
• Prepare written purchase recommendations following the opening of bids; compare costs and evaluate the quality and suitability of supplies, equipment and materials; select appropriate vendors; confer with departmental representatives to determine purchasing needs, specifications and areas of standardization;
• Maintain working relationships with customers on matters relating to substitutions, equivalents, delivery schedules and vendor problems; keep informed of new products, market conditions and current prices;
• Conduct formal bid openings as assigned, analyze bids and quotes
• Maintain contact with vendors; evaluate vendor performance
• Coordinate with other agencies in joint purchase arrangements; coordinate payments with Accounts Payable staff; prepare correspondence and periodic reports; perform related duties as assigned.
Jan-Jun 2004: Certificate in Management: Concordia University, Canada (Completed)
Human Resources Management, Vendor Management & Customer Service, E-Business,
Organizational Behavior, Marketing 1, Accounting 1, Business Communication, Motivation & Management*, Computers in Business*, (*1988).
Mar-Dec 2003: Certificate in Purchasing & Inventory Control: Concordia University, Canada (Completed)
Purchasing 1, Transportation & Logistics 1, Database Applications 1, Production & Inventory Management 1, Principles of Management, Purchasing 2, Transportation 2 & Supply Chain Management, Production & Inventory Management 2, Business Law, Quality Auditing, Intro to Managing Information Systems 1, HTML Programming 1, ISO 9000.
1989 - 1990: Certificate in AutoCAD Release 10: Outremont Education Center, Canada (Completed)
1985 - 1986: Bachelor of Psychology: Concordia University, Canada (21 Credits Completed)
1982 - 1984: Social Science Diploma: John Abbott College, Canada (Completed)
1978 - 1982: High School Diploma: MacDonald High School, Canada (Completed)
S.A.P (R3), Project Management Systems PM+, MAXIMO (procurement module), Epix Systems, M.R.P. 1 & 2 (course theory), Platinum (Procurement Tracking Systems), HTML programming, Dreamweaver MX 6, AutoCAD R10, Microsoft Access, Word & Excel, Harvard Graphics, Windows 95/98/NT/XP/ME, Norton Utilities, Eclipse Fax, Winfax 10.0, Lotus 1-2-3, WordPerfect, Org Plus, Electrostatic & Pen Plotters, Optic Scanning, Email, FTP, Jet Sender, Internet, Email.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.