PCB Design Engineer, PCB Designer Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: High Point, North Carolina
||Date Posted: 1/18/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: immediately
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
To be engaged in an organization that specializes in the development, design, testing and manufacturing of Printed Circuit Boards for various applications.
PROJECT ENGINEER, MFS Technology, Singapore (Jan. 2006 - Jul. 2006)
- Provided intensive Flexible Printed Circuit (FPC) design and application review for manufacturability.
- Processed and interpreted customer data such as schematic diagrams, netlists, Gerber files and mechanical drawings for process design and fabrication.
- Performed initial study of new products for transfer to mass production and finalized manufacturing processes to minimize build cost, improve quality and optimize yield.
- Documented design revisions and lessons learned to capture all manufacturing changes and corrective actions implemented to improve the process and quality for future products.
- Managed projects (production programs) by providing solutions to design and manufacturing issues.
- Engaged in early product development by providing full technical support to clients and process engineers in production floor.
- Handled the communication between clients and the internal team consisting of designers, production planners, QAs and process engineers.
DESIGN ENGINEER, MFS Technology, Singapore (May. 2005 – Jan. 2006)
- Designed single-sided, double-sided, bareback and multi-layered Flexible Printed Circuit (FPC) used for interconnect solutions to mobile phones, printers, PDAs, etc.
- Designed manufacturing processes of Flexible Printed Circuits (FPC) based on mechanical drawings, Gerber data, material construction, and product application.
- Experienced in the complicated material construction and manufacturing process of Rigid-flex technology.
- Created design and process change from prototype fabrication to mass production.
- Developed mechanical fixtures for fabrication release from prototype to mass production.
- Experienced in optimizing board layout across the whole panel to maximize material usage, simplify flex processes and increase yield.
- Performed reverse engineering of flex for assembly and design verification
- Documented the step by step flex process through panel drawings, layout instructions and machine program generation.
TEAM LEADER, PCB DESIGN GROUP, ROHM LSI Design, Philippines (Apr. 2002 – Mar 2005)
- Managed a staff of eight design engineers responsible for creating various PCBs from simple evaluation boards to customized test monitoring systems.
- Established the department and trained/mentored all group members to provide support to the Test Department.
- Developed an effective flowchart on all aspects of PCB project from design to board assembly.
- Created an instruction manual for PCB Design used for training new team members.
- Improvised checking solutions that link data generated from different systems to eliminate design errors.
- Created templates that led to increased productivity and more organized documentation.
- Spearheaded studies, trained members and provided technical assistance to staff during the course of the project.
- Involved in planning of project schedule, preparing quotations and cost analyses, monitoring status, managing client feedback, and interfacing with customers and vendors.
- Monitored group utilization and evaluated staff performance.
- Implemented quality control by checking final design for fabrication which helped minimize project cost and ensured prompt delivery.
- Evaluated vendors in terms of quality, cost, historical handling of commitments and technical support capabilities.
PCB DESIGN ENGINEER, ROHM LSI Design, Philippines (Apr. 1998 – Apr. 2002)
- Designed single-sided, double sided and multi-layered analog and digital Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) using surface-mounted and through-hole components.
- Familiar with the design concept of universal boards, mother/daughter boards, automation boards, and burn-in boards.
- Knowledgeable in micro-via, buried/blind via, and pad-on-via technology and other complex designs using PGA, BGA, LGA and CSP components.
- Created component libraries based from mechanical drawings and datasheets.
- Familiar with a wide range of components and packages from QFP Sockets to BGA, LGA, CSP and connectors.
- Worked well in a team environment with design engineers, test engineers, and software engineers to design evaluation test boards.
- Facilitated fabrication of the boards by generating Gerber data by preparing all documentations such as mechanical drawings and board specifications.
- Documented Bill of Materials and Assembly instructions.
JUNIOR DESIGN ENGINEER, ROHM LSI Design, Philippines (Jul. 1997 – Apr. 1998)
Performed IC Design support activities such as the following:
- Reverse Engineering: circuit tracing, blocking, analysis, and schematic entry in BIPOLAR, CMOS and Bi-CMOS Technology.
- Schematic Entry: Entry of components and its interconnections using a library that includes all its electrical properties then create a netlist either in flat or hierarchical format.
- Circuit Simulation and Analysis: DC and AC Analysis.
- Worst-case Analysis: Set-up and simulation of ideal and worst-case conditions by scripting
- Design Sample Evaluation: Testing AC and DC electrical characteristics of IC samples, and monitoring test points for reliability and failure.
- Board Assembly and Breadboarding
- Technical Documentation
B. S. in Electronics and Communications Engineering (BSEE equivalent)
De la Salle University, Manila, Philippines, April 1997
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE TOOLS
Scenario ECS, Protel EDA Client, GC-Prevue, HSPICE, CADENCE,
GC-CAM, Cadstar, Autocad
Laboratory equipments (i.e. oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, multimeter, power supplies, temperature chambers, caliper, etc.)
Has over seven years of diverse engineering experience in a research and development environment specializing in Printed Circuit Board design for IC data sampling and development of test automation systems. Has three years experience in leading a group of talented engineers and over four years experience in project management. Skilled at technical communications and coordination with test engineers, software engineers, design engineers, clients and vendors. Has an extensive knowledge of the application, design, process and manufacturability of Flexible Printed Circuits.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.