SEEKING MARINE HEAVY CIVIL CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR
We are seeking an experienced Marine Heavy Civil Senior Estimator to be part of expanding our operations and be an integral part of Marine and Dredging Projects.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is highly motivated with a strong work ethic providing an excellent opportunity for advancement within the company.
This is a family-owned company that puts it's employees first. The bonus structure is one of the best in the industry and fun company outings take place often.
A full range of benefits is offered including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance and 401K with a company match and more.
Senior Estimator Description
The estimator will assist management teams with completing construction projects by estimating and organizing project elements, developing relationships during the bid phase, contractual stage, and construction phase.
- Review, interpret and accurately estimate scope of work as described in the project bid documents, including engineering plans and specifications
- Execute quantity take-offs
- Develop a project schedule and sequencing of tasks
- Gather data on materials, equipment, utilities, and manpower required for a given project
- Adjust for economic conditions and evaluate risk
- Perform cost analysis
- Price work items as self-performed work
- Request, manage and analyze subcontractor bids and vendor quotes
- Verify the accuracy of vendors' scope and quantities
- Prepare estimates for internal review and for external clients
- Maintain the bid software database
- Attend pre-bid site visits or meetings
- Assist with change-order estimating
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related disciple Preferred
- Minimum 5 + years of Marine/Heavy Civil Estimating Experience Required
- Minimum 10 years of relevant marine and/or heavy civil construction experience Required
- Experience estimating marine, dredging, deep foundation, pile sheeting, mass excavation. utility projects, stormwater, bridges Required
- Experience Working with The Port Authority
- Design-build or similar alternative project delivery methods is a plus
- Experience estimating project bids in excess of $10- $25 Million
- Knowledgeable of heavy civil and marine construction current practices and regulations
- Proficient with HCSS Preferred
- Knowledge of Sage/Timberline Software Preferred
- Understanding of Means and Methods of Construction
- Flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving
- Able to work independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identifications Credential (TWIC) &Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC)
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to work outdoors on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on a telephone
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.