Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
Do you have 7+ years of MS SQL and MySQL database technology experience with DBA certification for Microsoft SQL Server and a active Public trust? If so, we may have your next great opportunity. Our client is looking for a self-directed, experienced SQL DBA to join their team of professionals dedicated in providing our client with well-crafted solutions. The ideal candidate has extensive experience with administering, optimizing and monitoring the database environment as well as mentor and coach other data team members. Our client is a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management solutions for the Consumer and Institutional Finance industries.
Our client's focus is to solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains. If you see yourself working for leading organization that well propel you to your next step in your professional career, then don't wait apply to day. Our recruiters are waiting to hear about your accomplished in this area.
* Manage MS SQL 2016 and MySQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments
* Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
* Identify and fix MS SQL/MySQL Server performance issues, query optimization and stored procedure performance improvement.
* Analyze issues and review solutions with the team in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
* Automate database tasks, backup and restore operations of production databases to other environments for testing and development purpose.
* Manage team by assigning tasks and priorities, track progress of tasks and conduct reviews of work products
* Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
* Provide support for critical production systems.
* Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities during business hours
* Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross training to other peers and team members.
* Provide guidance on database design, ETL (SSIS), reporting and analytics.
* Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and SSIS packages.
* Assist development team with complex query and schema refinement
* Performance tuning of stored procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* 7+ years of MS SQL and MySQL database technology experience with DBA certification for Microsoft SQL Server
* Experience performing multiple database installation, configuration and upgrades over a 5 year period
* Excellent knowledge and experience (5+ years) of database backup and recovery of very large databases, typically multi terabytes.
* Expert level of performance and tuning skills
* Excellent knowledge of SQL database/instance tuning and optimizing complex SQL statements for best possible performance.
* Possesses deep technical expertise in database design, ETL (SSIS), reporting and analytics.
* Proven leadership skills and ability to manage instances with multiple operating system platform.
* Understanding of application development, database, and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* 3+ Years of experience managing a team of 4-5 junior and mid-level experienced ETL Developers and DBAs
* Experience in Big data technologies / NoSQL is a strong plus
* SQL DBA: 7 years (Required)
* ETL (Extract Transform Load): 3 years (Required)
* SQL performance optimization: 5 years (Required)
* Team Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Bethesda, Maryland