The Opportunity | Test Manager
Department: Test Department
Location: Cheswick PA (greater Pittsburgh)
* Develop and implement operation procedures to assure safe and efficient completion of testing programs
* Manage both professional and represented employees including but not limited to the interpretation and administration of labor agreements, attendance, training, development and performance
* Plan, schedule and direct work activities of direct reports, interact with and coordinate other disciplines in support of test activities and facilities
* Ability to schedule and prioritize work based on production schedule and available resources
* Define and implement individual training programs based on assessment of individual skills inventories
* Maintain compliance to business policies and procedures pertaining to safety, housekeeping and work habits and ensure that personnel are following test procedures and all quality programs
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
* Schedule calibration as needed outside of the department, i.e., VPI systems, weld ovens, etc.
* Drive standardization of work instructions and tooling across product lines
* Specifies tests to be performed, compiles data, and makes recommendations for changes required in testing equipment, procedures, manufacturing processes, and/or new testing requirements
* BS degree in Engineering or its equivalent
* Minimum of four (4) to six (6) years' experience in a manufacturing environment
* Minimum of seven (7) to Ten (10) years in a management or leadership role
* Experience in MS Office Applications
* Experience with electrical, mechanical and hydraulic instrumentation and measurement systems
* Experience in testing military or nuclear hardware, high power electrical machinery such as motors and generators is a plus
* Must be US citizen and be able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.