The University of Miami Hospital and Clinics - Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Massage Therapist to support our Aventura and Plantation Practice. The individual hired for this role will provide massage therapy services to patients, caregivers, and stakeholders by acting on the body soft tissue manipulation primarily using manual techniques including pressure, tension, motion or vibration with the primary target tissues being muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, joints, and other connective tissue for patients above the age of 17 years with cancer or in need of care to treat general medical problems with the intent to increase wellness, relaxation, stress reduction, pain relief, postural improvement and/or provide general medical problems with the intent to increase wellness, relaxation, stress reduction, pain relief, postural improvement and/or provide general or specific therapeutic benefits.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Clear and Active FL Massage Therapist Licensure
- Oncology Patient Certification
- One year experience
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground-breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (For Non-exempt Employees Include Percent of Effort):
- Table and chair massages for cancer patients and survivors pre-treatment and post-treatment
- Will be working in a variety of settings: Outpatient, Inpatient and Infusion areas
- Will be responsible for documenting in patients' medical records. This is done via EMR. Appropriate training will be
Given during orientation.
- Management of inventories and treatment moms/areas
- Supervision and training of any additional oncology massage therapists
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations.
- Participates in quality and safety improvement activities as directed.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal, local and state guidelines and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned_
Knowledge, Skllls,and Abilities:
- Must provide excellent customer service and be flexible to accommodate moving patient schedules and needs
- Confident technical skills, innovative thinking, precise lime management, superior organizational skills and promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness.
- Medical terminology required
Education Requirements! Essential Requirements):
- Must be currently licensed as a Massage Therapist in the State of Florida with certifications specific to oncology
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- One year experience required; three years of experience in a clinical setting with cancer patients preferred