Are you interested in being part of a team that configures, operates, and maintains the network and IT infrastructure for the U.S. Air Force's 96th Test Wing and 53rd Wing? If so, join the Jacobs team and directly impact the Air Force's ability to put weapons on target in all battlespace media.
The 96th Test Wing is the test and evaluation center for Air Force air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, Command and Control systems, and Air Force Special Operations Command systems. The 53rd Wing is the focal point for the combat air forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation (OT&E) of advanced equipment and systems.
Both Wings are headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL, adjacent to the white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters of Northwest Florida's Emerald Coast.
We are seeking a qualified technical project lead to provide information technology (IT) project support in a rapidly growing and diverse U.S. Air Force (USAF) special enclave network supporting operational test and electronic warfare missions at Eglin AFB.
This position will guide all project technical details supporting deployment of systems and capabilities to customers. Manage all aspect related to collecting customer requirements, coordinate hardware acquisition and delivery as well as installation task scheduling and prioritization across various support activities to ensure timely and cost effective system deployments. Maintain customer relationships among existing customers while cultivating new relationships and seeking out new opportunities to provide services and support.
Job Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and prioritize competing requirements spanning several customer organizations.
- Interact with various customers, clients, system users and senior leaders.
- Consultant, collect, analysis, and design customer installation requirements using approved hardware and software products.
- Develop and maintain system installation schedules; plan and coordinate multiple installation activities with systems administrators and customers.
- Maintaining inventory of equipment and documentation of installation and upgrade activities.
- Development and document of system standards; recommend lifecycle upgrades based on operational needs and customer requirements
- Create and track Service Requests in the Service Management Tool to coordination various installation activities for each facility, from site survey to the installation of supporting hardware/software.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Information Technology (IT) or related field OR 8 years direct/related experience (3-5 years within the 8 years must be relevant/direct IT project support) or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
- A valid/current DoD 8570.01-M IAT-I certification (A+ CE, Network+ CE, CCNA Security, etc. or higher level IA certification.
- Must have an Active/valid TS/SCI (i.e. DCID 6/4 eligibility) with an investigation close date no older than 5.5 years at the time of application.
- Must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph.
- Understanding of Government organizational hierarchy.
- Knowledge of USAF computer, personnel security, and facility directives (specifically JSIG and DCID documents).
- Familiarity with accepted program/project management practices, the Air Force budget process, and USAG security requirements is essential.
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems (Windows 7 & 10) and computer network principles such as DNS, WINS, Active Directory, and computer applications such as Exchange, and Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Formal training covering JSIG/DCIC security principals is desired.
- Electronic Warfare mission data development familiarity is desired.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, networking, troubleshooting, and USAF IS security is desired.
- SharePoint experience desired.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to offer exceptional customer services.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communicates skills
- Capacity to work supervised.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual
environmental conditions. Periodic/occasional travel may be required to include both continental US and/or overseas locations.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.