The Systems Administrator for Enterprise Management tools has experience maintaining and supporting core infrastructure applications (and the other elements of the technical architecture) using a unified collection of technology services, tools, standards and control structures. The goal is to ensure the continuous delivery of IT Operations, Security, Network, Collaboration, and Data Center technology to ensure that critical applications can respond effectively and perform against the demands placed on them. The Systems Administrator is responsible for analysis, testing, and configuration of Network Monitoring/Management tools in support of off-the-shelf Enterprise Management products to support monitoring, metrics, and analytics associated with IT service health and service level monitoring.
* Assist in maintaining Enterprise Management tools.
* Assist in maintaining lab environment in the cloud
* Assist in the automation of manual tasks using tools such as Chef, Puppet, and scripting languages Python and Perl.
* Assist in application monitoring deployment
* Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
* Conducts moderately complex analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
* Serves as the back up to respond to user requests for system needs and upgrades or handles request that are more complex.
* Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex problems in an efficient manner with little to no supervision.
* Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
* Administers, runs tests on, and maintains operating system and related software.
* Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
* Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
* Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
* Effectively create and maintain relevant systems documentation and user guides.
* Apply scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other technical major and at least 2 year of recent systems engineer/administration experience, OR at least 5 years of recent experience in systems engineering/administration
1-2 years of cloud administration and/or scripting experience
Good oral and written communications skills
Other Job Specific Skills
* IT systems administration experience in the Intelligence Community
* Red Hat Linux administration experience
* Amazon AWS compute, storage, database, and networking administration experience
* System administration experience with MS Windows and Linux
* Development of scripts (shell/perl/Python) and automation (Chef/Puppet)
* Application Language Knowledge such as Java, HTML, and ASP.net
* BMC TrueSight, and Application Visibility Manager
* Experience in supporting 24/7 operations
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows 7 & 8, Windows Servers, Microsoft Office and SharePoint 2013, Microsoft Lync 2013.
* Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve more complex system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Experience with Citrix, SAN storage systems, VMware (vCenter).
An active TS/SCI security clearance required.