Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
ABC7 and WJLA 24/7, the ABC affiliate and cable channel 8, in Washington DC, are looking for an experienced Sports Anchor. We are looking for someone who understands telling great sports stories and sees sports as content and not a segment.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Covering day-to-day sporting events and sports features on a variety of platforms, including on air, website, social media, and mobile
- 3 years of daily TV sports anchoring and reporting is required
- Working with news management to ensure compliance of local sports philosophy in every newscast and seasonal specials
- This position requires a flexible schedule and will include working nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to shoot, write and edit while working under deadline pressure
- Experience operating digital cameras and nonlinear editors
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience anchoring and reporting sports for a commercial TV station
- Must have a passion for going beyond scores and highlights and telling real stories
- Must embrace breaking sports coverage and daily storytelling on digital and social first!
- A college degree in journalism or related field is required
- Strong writing, photography, and nonlinear editing skills are a must
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge of how to position great content on air and on website-mobile-social media platforms is required
- Must work well independently and as part of a team in a high energy, creative and collaborative environment
Please include a resume, cover letter stating your sports philosophy, professional references, and a web link to your recent work. If you don't have a web link, please send a non-returnable DVD to:
Attn: News Director
1100 Wilson Boulevard, 6th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!