Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WGME CBS13 / WPFO FOX 23, in Portland, Maine, is a trusted brand providing Maine viewers with local news, weather, sports, entertainment, and social media content. We help grow the most talented people in television. You have an opportunity to work with a team filled with spirit, passion and imagination. We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Anchor/Multimedia Journalist. The winning candidate will be able to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling and have solid journalistic judgement You will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, thrive on breaking news along with performing other duties as assigned.
- Forecasting, producing and presenting clear and concise weathercasts on air and online
- Utilize social media to connect viewers to relevant weather content
- Working with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
- Must have considerable live shot experience
- Be a strong writer
- Shoot and edit your own video content
- Someone with sharp wit and the ability to work well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
- The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Exemplary communication skills
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- Previous anchoring experience is required
- Considerable live shot experience
- 1-2 years of on-air experience
- Previous experience working in a team environment
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!