The Opportunity | Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for the Information Systems. The ISSO assists the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) in meeting their duties and responsibilities.
Reports to: Manager of Engineering IT
Department: Engineering Processes & Resources
Location: Cheswick, PA (greater Pittsburgh area)
* Ensure all accredited systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the System Security Plan
* Ensure all proper account management documentation is completed prior to adding/deleting IS accounts
* Verify all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
* Perform scheduled technical reviews of the accredited systems in compliance with prescribed standards and provide corrective actions for all identified findings and vulnerabilities to the ISSM
* Assist the ISSM with vulnerability scanning
* Ensure audit records are collected and analyzed in accordance with the System Security Plan
* Report all security-related incidents to the ISSM
* Work with system admins during system recovery to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly
* Notify the ISSM of any changes to the IS that could affect authorization
* Maintain appropriate IS practices for operating systems such as updates and patches
* Work with ISSM on security-related matters as needed.
* Active Personnel Security Clearance OR the ability to obtain and maintain a Personnel Security Clearance
* Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of experience OR 5 years of experience in lieu of a degree
* Ability to maintain IS professional certifications commensurate with applicable IA requirements
* Strong communication skills, analytical thinking, and problem solving skills
* Ability to prioritize tasks and efforts
* Ability to work within a team environment and convey knowledge and skill on to other members of the team in support of IS efforts
* Knowledge and experience managing and maintaining accredited systems
* Cohesive experience in standards and IS requirements
* Broad IT experience covering Microsoft base products, Microsoft Active Directory, the Cisco product family, and UNIX/LINUX
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.