Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. We are seeking an experienced Mechanical HVAC Engineer to join our growing Mechanical Design team in our Dallas, TX office. In this design role, you will represent Syska Hennessy Group and work in close contact and effectively interact with the Internal Design team as well as external clients and consultants.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it's everything you'll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for creating designs under the direction of the Senior Engineer and/or Senior Designer. You will also develop specifications, system narratives, and system layouts for a variety of projects of different sizes.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Establish system application, design, and operational parameters / sequences under the direction of the Senior design team
- Participate in QA/QC process for your work and the work of others while documenting lessons learned for greater efficiency for future projects
- Assist in the ongoing determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects, including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports
- Assist in processing RFI's, Change Orders, Bulletins, and Addenda
- Participating in Ensure / Oversee QA/QC process for your work and the work of others
- Assisting in the ongoing determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
Successful candidates for the Mechanical Engineer role should have the ability to use REVIT for system layout and spatial coordination of production of detailed drawings. Someone who exhibits a basic understanding of the practical application of LEED principals to our building designs would be a good fit for this dynamic role.
Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a consulting firm
- Current E.I.T registration highly preferred
- LEED accreditation, a plus
- History of working with projects such as Healthcare, Commercial, Hospitality, Corporate Interiors, and Mission Critical
- REVIT and the latest version of AutoCAD MEP experience
- Proficient in design and calculation software
As an employee with Syska Hennessy, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs including flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Flexible summer work schedules
Syska Hennessy Group - Creating Exceptional Environments
Let's Work Together!