Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. We are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Los Angeles, CA office. Your experience working in a consulting firm on healthcare, commercial, and mission-critical projects will ensure your success in this role. You will use your experience to provide trade-specific system design: layout (mark-ups as well as self-performed production utilizing CAD/BIM), calculations (utilizing appropriate software), and other related design services, including coordination with the designs of other trades.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it's everything you'll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for representing the Firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members. You will be responsible for designing large projects, preparing reports and specifications, and providing technical leadership.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performing calculations, equipment selection, equipment specification, system design, system layout, field investigation, and construction administration
- Providing consulting services, including preparation of due diligence reports, gap analyses, and feasibility reports
- Producing drawings consistent with client requirements and standards
- Conducting due diligence reports that comply with group and company standards and procedures
- Establishing design standards, specifications, and criteria for projects
- Taking responsible charge for the project for your discipline
- Conducting business development activities, participating in various trade organizations
- Establishing project budgets and schedules
- Participating in QA/QC process of completed work by staff
- Assuming responsible charge for the overall economic well-being of the assigned projects
Successful candidates must have an E.I.T. certification with the ability and desire to obtain a P.E. license. Someone with the history of working with projects such as Healthcare, Commercial, and Mission Critical projects would be a good fit for this dynamic role.
Additional requirements of the Senior Electrical Engineer include:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years' experience working in a consulting firm
- LEED accreditation, highly preferred
- REVIT and the latest version of AutoCAD MEP experience
As an employee with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs, including gym membership programs, flu shots, and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Flexible work schedules
Syska Hennessy Group - Creating Exceptional Environments
Let's Work Together!