Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHAM is seeking a detail oriented Local Sales/Traffic Assistant who has strong written and oral communication skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process and maintain incoming commercials and instructions.
- Contact agencies and marketing consultants and associates regarding missing commercial tapes and instructions.
- Works closely with agencies, advertisers, marketing consultants and associates and centralized traffic hub to make sure commercial copy is accurate.
- Provide client contracts and spot placements as requested.
- Team environment including switchboard relief and backup responsibilities for other assistants.
- Coverage as required within department for vacations or absences.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales and Sales Managers.
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous broadcast traffic/commercial operations and traffic systems experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- Must be obsessed with accuracy, detail, and focused on job responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Organized to efficiently perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Detail-oriented and able to perform consistently and effectively under daily deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- PC-savvy: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Responsibilities cover multiple stations.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!