OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE, RETAIL - BALTIMORE, MD
Emser Tile, LLC, the nationwide supplier of high-quality floor covering products servicing world-leading retailers, builders and contractors seeks an experienced OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE, RETAIL - BALTIMORE, MD.
The Outside Sales Representative will call on existing and new retailer clientele. This key role will drive sales volume, maintain/ grow existing accounts, and develop new clientele and sales channel opportunities throughout assigned sales territory.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers Identifies and establishes relationships with new and existing clientele
- Works independently yet cooperatively with the company and team's goals and directives
- Provides the highest level of customer service by processing orders and credits promptly
- Sets up and maintains client displays and merchandising samples
- Emphasizes new product promotion during sales calls and onsite visits/meetings
- Develops in-depth knowledge and expertise with regard to all Emser products
- Responds to the marketplace by providing value through being a knowledgeable rep with quick follow up
- Adheres to all regulatory guidelines and company policy as it relates to safety and our guiding principles
Successful candidates will:
- Be driven to meet sales goals and enjoy the upside of variable compensation programs that reward exceeding plan
- Thrive in a competitive and dynamic sales environment
- Be flexible, highly organized and have a successful history of servicing multiple accounts while consistently achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Be able to work independently while simultaneously implementing company defined sales strategies
- Be an expert in influential / collaborative sales and negotiation techniques, including analytical skills that can identify and exploit key opportunities
- Enjoy prospecting for new accounts, setting up / maintain displays and introducing our quality products to the marketplace
- Instinctively address all customer questions and concerns promptly with business savvy solution / resolution strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful track record in an outsides sales environment (preferably within the flooring industry)
- Solid analytical skills in identifying client needs and aligning them to product offerings; Specification analysis and RFP response preparation a plus
- College B.A. / B.S. degree preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in the principles of collaborative sales technique
- Ability to travel frequently throughout the sales territory
- Stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Sit, climb or balance.
- Lift and/or move up to 110 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- May be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The Emser Tradition of Excellence Comes From its People...
Since its establishment in 1968, Emser Tile has become the leading supplier of the world's finest tile and natural stone. Through our international production network and product development expertise, we offer myriad of possibilities that help retailers, contractors, homebuilders, commercial builders, architects & designers bring their ideas to life. Although Emser has grown rapidly, our on-going dedication to outstanding quality and service remains the hallmark of our success.
Emser is always seeking knowledgeable, career-minded professionals to become a part of our team and help drive our growth and expansion into new and existing markets. When it comes to challenging and rewarding career opportunities, Emser is the place to be!
As an Emser employee, you will enjoy healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care. Your financial well-being will be supported through our 401(k) plan. Moreover, we offer a challenging & rewarding professional work environment. Emser's employee benefits package also includes:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
Emser provides ongoing opportunities for professional training, and encourages internal advancement and mobility.