Senior Project Manager Job
|Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
||Date Posted: 1/6/2020
|Job Code: BBBH31073
- Our Client is seeking a seasoned Project Manager who can use practical application of process and comfortable putting a solid/workable plan together, drive deliverables to completion, & help resolve issues
- Looking for true PMI capabilities.
- Reports to: Project Delivery Director/Manager
- Responsible for Employees: Possible direct reports, lead multi-disciplinary teams, composed of various levels of personnel, vendors, and clients to create and deploy successful programs.
- Program/Project scope (size, budget, region, etc.): Project Budget, multiple projects or manage small program
- Responsible for full life- cycle of projects from initiation to completion. Apply IT project management methodology and appropriate project management framework for all projects (using established project standards). Develop requests for proposal (RFPs). Successfully initiate, plan, execute and close all project deliverables as committed.
Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects including:
- Defining the project charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success
- Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to end project execution
- Ensuring client requirements are captured accurately and completely
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Facilitating day-to-day coordination while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations
- Acting as the link between the assigned project resources and key stakeholders
- Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation
- Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop project plan, and execute projects that adhere to guidelines and deliver within cost and schedule.
- Strong cross-business unit/IT communication, influence and negotiation required.
Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks including:
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution
- Managing the process to assess gaps and develop action plans to address these gaps
- Monitoring financial delivery and issue management processes, and escalating issues
- Promoting and monitoring compliance activities with audit and information policies
- Develop robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity.
Responsible for building and leading effective project teams including:
- Using problem-solving/critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Communication to project team members, key stakeholders and sponsors
- Adapting to cultural and organizational climates across global team.
- Manage individual work styles and development of project staff
- Serve as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives within a highly matrix environment.
- Work with cross-functional team, contractors, and vendors to deliver critical projects.
- Bachelor's degree required; Advance degree in IT related field or MBA preferred.
- 5-8 Years of Project Management experience in a large multi-unit organization required.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience overseeing large scale projects, global teams, project managers, application leads.
- Project Management Accreditation (APMP, PMI, Prince 2 or equivalent preferred).
- Advanced project management skills.
- Knowledge of project management vocabulary and terminology.
- Mastery of project domain.
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Cultural adaptability.
- Virtual and remote team management ability. Independent and innovative spirit.
- Flexible and responsive to input.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Esha at 209-286-7401 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 7 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Hired by Matrix, Inc.
|Company: Hired by Matrix, Inc.