We provide audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to a variety of industries. We have a specialized practice and expertise in the securities industry that includes security broker-dealers, hedge funds, commodity pools, registered investment advisors, and other investment entities. Providing professional services to these types of companies requires a unique understanding of their regulated environment and the peculiar tax rules and regulations.
Our expanding practice has created the need to add another Audit Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, ambitious, well versed in audit theory as well as have the ability to prepare and review a variety of financial audits. The Audit Senior is given more difficult assignments and greater responsibilities. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Work on more complicated segments of audit and accounting engagements.
- Assume full responsibility (under supervision) for any engagements involving audited, reviewed, or compiled financial statements.
- Supervise and train staff accountants.
- Perform research for accounting and audit engagements.
- Prepare for and pass the CPA examination, if eligible and not already completed.
- Conduct and supervise field work.
- Review and analyze internal control.
- Review all workpapers and financial statements before submission to manager for further review.
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Plan engagements to achieve quality goals and reduce time required to perform an engagement.
- Prepare audit programs and time budgets.
- Prepare management letters.
- 3 - 4 years of public accounting with an emphasis in auditing.
- Solid understanding of auditing principles and proficiency in partnership, corporation and individual entities and compliance.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, and/or an undergraduate or graduate degree with sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification upon passing the examination.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Highly motivated and dedicated to providing quality professional services.
- Strong communication, problem solving, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Steadfast professional integrity.
- Excellent benefits package
To be considered, please apply with a resume. If you have any other questions or wish to discuss other Public Accounting positions, reach out to Ben Broers with Gpac at firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.