The Opportunity | Project Manager (Compressor)
As a Project Manager, you will play a key role within CW-SAS supporting customer deliverables. Responsible for the performance of mid-sized projects or a definite portion of a larger program. You will develop and control schedule and budget on assigned projects (mainly with reciprocating compressor products and components), as well as being designated as the point of contact for customer communications, meetings and questions. This position requires interaction with engineering, manufacturing, project management office, planning, quality assurance, contacts and finance to address all project actions.
* Ensure projects meet delivery and financial requirement
* Participates in the order capture process by providing proposals and master schedule input
* Facilitates numerous meetings with clients and company personnel during the order execution process
* Monitor and maintain the master project schedule, initiating and facilitating corrective action to maintain delivery and cost objectives
* Act as company focal point for all communications, questions and issues requiring action on assigned projects
* Work with and monitor other company functions in a matrix reporting relationship to ensure compliance with all client and company requirements
* Participates in project review and shipment meetings with company management
* Elevate barriers to successful project execution as necessary
* Operates with a high level of expertise to plan, facilitate and coordinate the order execution process for engineering studies Revamp projects, and/or production of new equipment, to ensure that client orders are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budget parameters
* Must possess negotiation skills and commercial experience for management of contract scope changes directly with client
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must possess influence skills to deal effectively with D-R matrix reporting structure
* Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation library, communication plans, process training etc.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business. Master degree is preferred
* 4-6 years of experience in similar project management role.
* Prior experience with reciprocating compressor or related industry
* Must possess comprehensive knowledge of project management concepts, practices and procedures, and schedule management tools (i.e. MS Project or equivalent)
* Proficient in application of computerized systems, including standard business applications (i.e. MS Word and Excel required, MS Access beneficial)
* PMP certification is an asset
* Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes and procedures
* In-depth knowledge of process analysis, standardization, continuous improvement, lean, six sigma and operational excellence program.
* Prior experience with commercial nuclear or Naval nuclear is an asset
* Excellent organization, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
* Must be a sole US citizen and able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
5% - 15% per year dependent upon projects assigned
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.