Computer network technician Job
|Employer Name: Perpetual Holdings Ltd
|Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
||Date Posted: 12/6/2019
||Category: Computer Hardware
|Number Of Openings: 1
Title of the position: Computer network technician
1. Install well-functioning LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.)
2. Evaluate and set up hardware; Install and configure software and drivers
3. Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices
4. Following Company technology equipment standards, generate recommendations for new hardware and software acquisitions.
5. Deployment, installation and maintenance/upgrades of technology, including computers, printers, peripheral devices and software in accordance with the needs of the company and the support standards.
6. Help support network connectivity for end users, including troubleshooting problematic physical connections.
7. Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality
8. Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated, and to discover and mend inefficiencies
9. Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference
10. Monitor E-mail use and web navigation
11. Read, assimilate and translate technical documentation in a clear, meaningful way for non-technical staff.
12. Provide training in the operation and use of systems, computers, and peripheral equipment to company personnel.
13. Maintain inventories of technology hardware and software in accordance with company policies and practices.
14. Coordinate the procurement of technology equipment, replacement parts, and supplies as needed.
15. Maintain the confidential, proprietary nature of all information maintained on data systems and related to this position.
16. Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks; Ensure a secure network environment; Carry out data backups and disaster recovery operations
17. May perform some basic scripting tasks
18. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Compensation for this position will be 26 dollars per hour. 47320 dollars annually (35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
How to apply
Please note applications will only be accepted through EMAIL with your cover letter and resume.
Please put Job advertisement reference code: “Perpetual Holdings Ltd
Computer network technician 2019” into your application email.
We appreciate your application, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.
1. College diploma in computer science, network technology or related field
2. Related experience in computer installation, maintenance, network connectivity support and computer applications support is preferred.
3. Skills to use computer technology, including use of software applications and computer applications.
4. Knowledge in maintenance of computers, printers and related devices.
5. knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
6. Troubleshooting skills
7. Good communication abilities
8. Good organizing and time-management skills
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Vacation Time: 2 weeks / year
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave
Perpetual Holdings Ltd is dedicated to not only provide you with all your insurance needs, but to provide services that will exceed your expectations.
With over twenty-six independent brokerages, our members are ready to provide you professional advice, no matter where you are located in Greater Vancouver.
Client Services include from auto , residential, travel, individual and group life insurance as well as commercial insurance.
We are seeking a Computer network technician (Permanent, and full-time basis) to join our team.
|Contact Name: Perpetual Holdings Ltd
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Perpetual Holdings Ltd
|Street: 3303 Fraser St
|State: British Columbia
|Zip: V5V 4C2