The Opportunity | Machinist Helper
The Machinist Helper supports the machine shop and other departments by cutting and preparing work for both internal and external customers.
- Operate and maintain machinery in machine shop. Cut and prepare work for testing. Maintain traceability from first to final cut with paperwork and job number. Meet internal deadlines.
- Perform machine shop functions to support the laboratory testing for IMR departments as required. Equipment may include: saws, manual mill, manual lathe, CNC mill, CNC lathe, and forklift.
- Under direction, assist in operating machines to help fabricate parts, provide specimens and fixtures for testing to other departments.
- Interface with our customers as necessary to assure that a high level of on time delivery and customer satisfaction is met.
- Maintain a clean, neat and safe machine shop.
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar role or machine shop environment
- Ability to learn and train with others in machine shop and mechanical department.
- Ability to read diagrams and related materials.
- Be able to frequently lift, push, and pull objects that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.