Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com
Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) is comprised of 10 companies and is located at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL (ranked #11 in Best Places to Live by U.S. News). JSEG has been a primary contractor for NASA since 1989 and supports marquee NASA programs, including the Space Launch System, International Space Station, space optics fabrication, earth and space sciences and advanced propulsion system development. As a partner in NASA's next generation of space exploration, our jobs are literally history in the making by challenging today, reinventing tomorrow.
The successful candidate shall provide direct support to the ES Integrated Avionics and Software Discipline Lead Engineer in the areas of technical data integration and coordination, team coordination and general technical support. This support may include, but not be limited to the following: review and meeting coordination, engineering schedule coordination, working formal Action Items, support in coordinating technical issues, documentation technical review, engineering document development (e.g., ICDs) and general engineering support per the ES Avionics Discipline Lead Engineer's direction.
Specific duties shall include but not be limited to the coordination of Level II updates and SLS and cross program approvals of the SLS telemetry and command database(s) and content within the SLS Program:
*Support the delivery of the SLS telemetry and command database(s) and product releases by coordinating, collaborating with and providing content requirements to the database lead developer(s).
*Support the update and approval of specifications and related documentation from inception through formal release.
*Provide direct support to the ES Integrated Avionics and Software Lead Engineer and his Alternate.
*Assist in program coordination within the Space Systems Department.
Duties may include, but not be limited to, the following: coordinating scheduling, coordinating meetings, working Action Items, assisting in planning activities, supporting trade studies, performing systems analyses, supporting integrated avionics hardware/software design solutions and test, making and coordinating technical risk management inputs, coordinating technical performance measures, supporting reviews, working groups and boards and providing periodic status inputs to project and ES management.
*Serve as an expert in avionics systems engineering and systems management responsible for the integration of launch vehicle avionics (integrated hardware and software) for the Space Launch System (SLS) launch vehicle.
*Provide subject matter expert level support to the Systems Engineering and Integration Division within the Space Systems Department at MSFC.
*Provide regular status and technical input to the JS12 Team Lead.
*Other duties as assigned.
BS degree from an ABET accredited institution in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering or equivalent preferred. A minimum of 20 years of applicable experience is desired. Position may include minimal travel.
* Broad understanding of Systems Engineering processes
* The successful candidate shall have extensive experience in the development, coordination and maintenance of complex databases.
* Excellent communication skills (critical)
* Extensive experience in the coordination and integration of all avionics elements and the ability to communicate to all levels of management
* The successful candidate must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills and be able to work within and environment of diverse personalities and skill sets (critical)
* The successful candidate shall be able to review avionics and software products and provide relevant feedback, have good coordination/integration and communication (critical) skills, be pro-active, be able to multi-task and accomplish a task with minimal supervision. Must have proficiency with products such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
* The successful candidate shall have extensive, hands-on, avionics systems integration experience for both development of in-house projects as well as Government oversight of MSFC led projects throughout the project life cycle.
* The successful candidate shall have extensive experience in avionics, flight software, integration and a broad understanding of the systems engineering process.
* The successful candidate shall have requisite interpersonal, technical coordination and technical management skills. The contractor shall have experience in technical data integration, use of web-based tools such as WebEx and Windchill, meeting organization and facilitation and in communication and coordination of technical topics and issues.
* Expertise in avionics, GN&C, and integration of a launch vehicle
* Thorough knowledge/experience supporting the full life cycle (phases A-E), including but not limited to requirements, testing, prototyping, etc.
* Ability to review and provide relevant feedback on Level II and III technical products
* Comprehensive understanding of Marshall Space Flight Center's processes and working within the NASA environment
* Understanding/experience of contracting between NASA/MSFC and the prime contactor
* Strong customer relations skills, ability to multi-task, ability to be proactive in between formal assignments, and ability to get a task completed with minimal direction
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
For more information on why Huntsville is known as "one of the smartest cities in the nation", check out these websites
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions:
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.