LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVERS Job
|Employer Name: Spady Transport Ltd.
|Location: Surrey, British Columbia
||Date Posted: 11/15/2019
||Category: Transportation/Air, Sea & Land
|Number Of Openings: 12
Salary: $25/h, 50 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent position
Start Date: As soon as possible
Language: English verbal and written
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 12
NOC Group: Transport Truck Drivers - 7511
Spady Transport Ltd. # 159 11735 – 1 Ave. Surrey, BC V3S 9S1
Our company – Spady Transport Ltd. has established a reputation for outstanding quality and service in Metro Vancouver. Company is located at unit 159- 17735 – 1st Ave. Surrey, BC. We are currently looking for 12 long haul drivers who will be responsible for operating and driving semi tractor trailers to transport goods and material and who can join our team as soon as possible. This is a full time, permanent position for mature individuals with some driving experience. We offer competitive wage rates. All applicants should be able to communicate in English and be in a good health conditions to sit for extensive period of time.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailer, long-combination vehicle weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods as provided by the Company
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and balance of checks required by the D.O.T.
• Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
• Ensure you have picked up paperwork, permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
• Keep accurate trip sheets
• Maintain e- log books
• Communicate with office, dispatchers and co- driver
• May perform elementary emergency roadside repairs
• Drive as part of a two-person team
• May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Experience: experience an asset
Credentials: High school completion or equivalent accepted by employer
- Basic use of hand and mechanic tools
- Be able to drive full capacity loads
- Need to be able to do very basic maintenance as per plan
- Possess problem solving skills
- Ideal candidate should be punctual, reliable, pay attention to detail and meet the tight deadlines
- Strong commitment to work
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently
as well as
- Own steel toed safety shoes, safety vest and hard hat
- valid Canadian driver's licence required in Province of residence.
- Ability to operate GPS and other navigation equipment
- Ability to be away from home for a period of time
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (incl. Canada wide routes and throughout USA)
- Salary: $25 per hour
- EI, CPP
- Vacation: 2 weeks per year
How to apply:
By email: Margaret@spadytransport.com
By phone: 604 535 1825 ext. 7
By fax: 604 535 1337
By mail or person by Appointment only: Spady Transport Ltd.
#159 17735 – 1st Ave, Surrey, BC V3S 9S1
Start Date: as soon as possible
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: Entry-Level
Education Required: None
Vacation Time: 2 weeks / year
Spady Transport Ltd. is a family owned and operated trucking company started by Margaret & Darral Spady. Since 1998 Spady Transport Ltd. has been providing transportation and distribution services through out North America. Our expertise and passion for customer satisfaction has enabled us to be a leading authority in providing dry van transportation. Spady Transport Ltd. is the only call you need to make for your next shipping requirement.
Web Site: https://www.spadytransport.com/
|Contact Name: Margaret Spady
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Spady Transport Ltd.
||Phone: 604 535 1825 ext. 7
|Street: #159 11735 – 1st Ave.
||Fax: 604 535 1337
|State: British Columbia
|Zip: V3S 9S1