Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com
Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) is comprised of 10 companies and is located at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL (ranked #11 in Best Places to Live by U.S. News). JSEG has been a primary contractor for NASA since 1989 and supports marquee NASA programs, including the Space Launch System, International Space Station, space optics fabrication, earth and space sciences and advanced propulsion system development. As a partner in NASA's next generation of space exploration, our jobs are literally history in the making.
As a Senior System, Cross Program Systems Integration, for the Engineering Service and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract, you will be part of the MSFC Human Exploration Development and Operations (HEDO) Office. The HEDO manages and performs human-rated space projects and tasks and conducts mission and scientific payload operations. Within the HEDO Office, Cross Program Systems Integration includes supporting the system level design, integration, development, test, qualification, and acceptance of the Space Launch System (SLS), Multi-purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV), and Ground Systems Development and Operations (GSDO), and Deep Space Gateway and Transportation (DSG&T) Programs.
Senior Systems, Cross Program Systems Integration Engineer responsibilities include:
* Provide systems engineering support to the NASA Exploration Systems Division/Cross-Program Systems Integration (CSI) Team.
* Development of and support to the CSI Project products, tasks, activities, and risk management protocol.
* Coordination and planning review of supporting systems engineering and integration tasks for the design, development, manufacturing, hardware assembly and analysis of test article subsystems.
* Develop, maintain, and integrate verification and validation (V&V) documentation throughout the planning lifecycle tracking and controlling compliance data and status from draft to baseline.
* Perform integration across multiple disciplines, organizations, and systems; support the processing and approval of verification closures.
Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Physics or related field is required. Degree from an ABET accredited university preferred.
* PhD and 4+ years' direct experience
* Masters and 8+ years' direct experience
* Bachelors and 10+ years' direct experience
* Competency in Systems Engineering, Systems Technical Integration and Systems Requirements Management
* Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) knowledge and experience supporting launch vehicle/payload development programs (e.g. Constellation/Ares)
Additional desired skills:
* Knowledge and experience in defining flight test objectives; test development and integration; verification and validation activities is desired.
* Special consideration will be given to those applicants who have experience working with the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate Exploration Systems; especially Division/Cross Systems Integration
* Well organized, pro-active, communicators, with the innate ability to function in an integrated team environment will be the most successful in this role
* Cross functional skills with Microsoft Project/Office/Access products
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
For more information on why Huntsville is known as "one of the smartest cities in the nation", check out these websites
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions:
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.