Intake Specialist - SAGE Job
|Employer Name: DESC
|Location: Seattle, Washington
||Date Posted: 11/13/2019
|Wage: 43,459.00 - 47982 Yearly Salary
||Category: Social Services
|Job Code: 115458831
Location: Seattle, WA
Days Off : Saturday, Sunday
Pay Range : $43,459 - $47,982 annually
Shift: Office Day
Location: Clinical Services - Downtown
Region: Pioneer Square
Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
The Intake Specialist will assume primary responsibility for receiving referrals to the SAGE Team and performing timely eligibility screening and intake activities associated with enrollment of a potential client into DESC mental health services. Develop and implement initial goal planners/treatment plans. Provide case management services to all clients until fully transferred to a primary case manager. Assure clients are made aware of their rights and that these rights are protected. All work will be done in close coordination with Clinical Supervisors, administrative support staff, and Director of Clinical Programs. Minority applicants are encouraged to apply. Spanish speaking is a plus.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
INTAKE & ASSESSMENT:
- Maintain clear instructions and methods by which referrals may be reliably made by other DESC program staff, the legal/justice system, hospitals, other service providers, and potential clients referring themselves.
- In compliance with Federal, Washington State and King County regulations and procedures, conduct eligibility screening and intake assessment of potential clients.
- Verify Medicaid status or eligibility as a person not receiving Medicaid to be enrolled in the King County Mental Health Plan.
- Conduct intake evaluations and psychosocial assessments with consumer participation.
- Develop initial goal planners/treatment and crisis plans.
- Facilitate linkages to collaborative resources when appropriate.
- Acquire information from client and other sources as psychosocial assessment form indicates.
- Obtain ROIs as needed in order to obtain the fullest possible history of key life domains.
- Identify client strengths, coping strategies and deficits to be incorporated into the treatment plan.
- Review consent to treatment and rights with client; assure client has signed relevant forms.
- Maintain complete and current log demonstrating referrals made and the outcome of each.
- If the client so wishes, make a referral to another agency if more appropriate treatment/service is available.
- Provide crisis intervention and risk assessment; tolerate unusual or unpleasant behavior.
- Document services provided.
INITIAL GOAL/TREATMENT PLANNING:
- Develop initial goal planner/treatment plan in compliance with WACs and King County Policy & Procedures. This is to be done in cooperation with the client, as they are able and willing.
- Create and submit initial crisis plan for after-hours crisis services.
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing case management and crisis services to new clients.
- As needed, assist clients and potential clients by providing relevant resource information and direct assistance in obtaining key resources such as food, shelter, financial and Medicaid entitlements, hospitalization, health care, etc.
- Consult and collaborate with community providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Coordinate with other DESC programs making referrals to the SAGE team in order to assure successful transition of consumers to long-term case management.
- Assure linkage to psychiatric services is established.
- Refer to, and coordinate with, DESC chemical dependency program as needed.
- Participate in psychiatric consultations, clinical supervisions, program meetings, and in-service trainings of mental health program staff; participate in clinical reviews and case conferences.
- Conduct work in compliance with documentation requirements of relevant Federal, State and King County regulations and procedures.
- Collaborate with non-mental health DESC staff to ensure continuity of care for consumers using other DESC services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with the agency's clinical accountability policies and procedures; maintain current and complete clinical and administrative records; participate in quality assurance reviews when assigned.
- Comply with applicable program research and evaluation procedures.
- Participate as a member of the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Committee.
- Provide specialty services as qualified.
- Attend outside meetings as directed by clinical supervisor or clinical director.
- Masters degree in social or behavioral science, or nursing.
- Mental health professional designation, as defined by WACs.
- Ability to meet state requirements for registration as a counselor.
- Two years of work experience in provision of treatment and/or intake work with adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses. (MSW or Relevant MA may substitute for 1 year of work requirement).
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff from various backgrounds.
- Subscribe to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients and other staff.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus but not required.
- Bicultural background/experience and/or Qualified Minority Mental Health Specialist designation is helpful.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Years of Experience Required: 1
Web Site: https://www.click2apply.net/znwsdwfpfvz2m2wc
|Contact Name: Apply Online
|Company: Human Resources