Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. We currently have an entry level opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Graduate to join our Richmond, VA office.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it's everything you'll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As an entry level engineer, you will support our engineering teams working towards our designs that are inspiring, demanding and highly collaborative. You will learn from others, and they will expect to learn from you. You will share in the responsibility, rewards and recognition of producing truly innovative solutions and complete client satisfaction. The pace is fast, and the camaraderie is close.
Some responsibilities include:
- Create basic designs under the direction of the senior engineer and/or senior designer, perform CAD/BIM-drafting for a variety of projects and project sizes to begin to understand architectural engineering design and documentation
- Coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external) under the guidance of more senior technical staff
- Support the design and engineering efforts of systems for new installations, system retrofits, system replacement and system upgrades for a wide variety of projects and project types
- Learn drawing organization and company standards
- Take ownership of completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assignments
- Assist engineers with field investigations and construction site visits to observe and attend project coordination meetings
- Attend our Engineering Development Program continuing education seminars on technical and professional enhancing topics
The ideal candidate will enjoy a team environment and be flexible enough to work independently where needed. Candidates for this role will be eager to learn and will expand their knowledge and hands on experience by challenging themselves and using the highly technical resources around them.
Additional job requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Mechanical engineering with a graduation date of Winter 2019, Spring or Summer of 2020
- Previous engineering internship, a plus
- Knowledge in the latest version of MEP Auto CAD; REVIT experience is a plus
- Proficient in design and calculation software; MS Office Suite
As an employee with Syska Hennessy, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to be the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
Our Company is committed to developing engineers into respected technical experts and versatile business leaders through our Engineer Development Program (EDT).
About the EDT Program
Recent graduates interested in our Engineering Development Training (EDT) program can expect to participate in an accelerated, but thorough training curriculum. This curriculum will teach not only the technical aspects of our profession, but industry specific business aspects as well. Our senior engineers will work closely with each participant to foster a strong mentor/apprentice relationship.
This time-honored program is a trademark of Syska's commitment to the development and education of young engineers through mentoring and technical training.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide our full-time employees with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs, including gym membership program, flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Monthly transit/parking stipend
- Monthly business phone stipend , if applicable
- Flexible summer work schedules
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an active employer to promote and foster a collaborative workspace rooted in respect and powered by authenticity. We embrace an environment that is committed to imbedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture.
Syska Hennessy Group - Creating Exceptional Environments
Let's Work Together!