Currently working with a full-service agronomy company serving farmers from planting to harvest, providing farmers with the products and service needed to achieve desired results. They are one of the most well known providers of natural fertilizers and specialize in the transport and application of cattle and chicken fertilizers.
To engage in relationship-building, provide competent crop and soil evaluations, and participate in the active and consistent sale of all products and services marketed and sold by the company.
The Certified Crop Consultant or Agronomist is a highly motivated member of the customer's crop production team. He or she assists the customer in crop management by evaluating soil quality, assessing environmental and economic conditions, and creating plans and strategies for seed, fertilizer, planting, and pest control leading to increased yield. He or she is a problem solver who listens and provides the best advice possible.
The following is needed to be considered for this position:
Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Crop or Soil Science, or related agricultural discipline required; Proof of college degree mandatory
- Background in farming and agriculture highly desired
- 3-5+ years of advanced agricultural sales and field experience required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to make good judgment calls
- Exceptional record keeping and reporting skills
- Desire to contribute to the improvement of processes and procedures
- Ability to identify redundancies and reduce waste
- Possess high levels of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with others
- Goal-oriented and driven with attention to detail
- Exemplary customer service skills
- High levels of personal accountability
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Entry to intermediate-level knowledge of computers, software programs, and applications
- Clean MVR and driving record
- Willingness to attend all meetings and trainings
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and speak English fluently as a second language
- Willingness to participate in random drug and alcohol testing
- Willingness to assist and work in all areas as needed
Required Licenses: Chemical Applicator with Endorsements & HAZMAT; Class A CDL desired
Special Skills: Agricultural sales experience is required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Commercial Applicator (Preferred)
For more information please contact Travis Williamson at 605-370-6082 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 27 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.