Are you interested in being part of a team that configures, operates, and maintains the network and IT infrastructure for the U.S. Air Force's 96th Test Wing and 53rd Wing? If so, join the Jacobs team and directly impact the Air Force's ability to put weapons on target in all battlespace media.
- The 96th Test Wing is the test and evaluation center for Air Force air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, Command and Control systems, and Air Force Special Operations Command systems.
- The 53rd Wing is the focal point for the combat air forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation (OT&E) of advanced equipment and systems.
Both Wings are headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL, adjacent to the white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters of Northwest Florida's Emerald Coast.
We are seeking a skilled Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract, to provide the Air Force information technology (IT) services. Position will be located at Eglin AFB, FL.
The ISSO will be responsible for administering, assuring and maintaining a unique communication system network. This network allows secure communication of critical mission data to multiple agencies and bases. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system and as such, works in close collaboration with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and plays an active role in monitoring a system and its environment. Additional responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Developing and updating the system security system control traceability matrix (SCTM), the system security plan (SSP), managing and controlling changes to the system, assessment and authorization (A&A) package and assessing the security impact of those changes.
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package.
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS.
- Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package.
- Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM and AO/DAO prior to the change.
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly.
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Ensure audit records are collected and reviewed.
- Identify the information systems that will process classified information; the volume, relative sensitivity, and perishability of the information (TEMPEST).
- Establish and manage media creation, destruction and tracking program.
- Responsible for classified assets; may be required to maintain a media inventory and ensure accountability for all classified material.
- Working knowledge of vulnerability scanning software (e.g. ACAS, SCAP).
- Experience with auditing; manual or automated is acceptable.
- A BS degree in a computer science or similar discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to offer exceptional customer service.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Strong commitment to team environment.
- Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision and/or unsupervised.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal politely and effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment, with demanding deadlines while ensuring internal/external customer needs are met.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located at Eglin AFB, Florida.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.