Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.
Jacobs is looking for a Software Developer/Tester for the Enterprise Test and Evaluation Team to maintain current infrastructure (DoD Enterprise Test Framework (DETF), the Service Oriented Architecture Information Technology (SOAIT) and provide for deployment of new and test and evaluation (TE) capabilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and modifying scripts for automated testing. They will be responsible for using automated test tools in order to perform performance and functional testing of enterprise systems. The team follows Scrum practices.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree and at least 6 years of experience; or
- Bachelor's degree with at least 8 years of experience.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Additional certifications (other than those required for the position) in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance at time of hire.
- Must be able to learn quickly and become proficient in the use of new software application and tools
- Must be able to understand and develop basic programs/scripts in Java, C, VBscript or other languages
- Quality oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience with the following tools: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Performance Center (PC), Applications Lifecycle Management (ALM), Unified Functional Testing (UFT), TurnKey, and/or cFactory.
- Have practical and working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion