Tier II Support Desk Specialist Job
|Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
||Date Posted: 10/11/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 047
Tier II Support Desk Specialist
Supports one or more software applications developed and operated by ASM Research. Participates as a member of a team that handles inquiries from users for multiple applications. Performs a variety of advanced user-problem analyses for the help desk. Assesses the customers' issue, performs initial triage, documents the problem, creates an incident and ensures the customer contract information is accurate and complete. Acts as a working lead for the help desk team.
- Ability to identify and/or remediate problems/issues/requirements related to Microsoft Workplace Modernization efforts: Windows 10 SAC and Office 365 ProPlus.
* Collaborates/Interacts with other diverse functional groups to accomplish stated objectives.
* Researches, evaluates, and develops a wide variety of complex technology components of a tactical nature.
* Independently installs, tests, and implements complex component-level changes within the technology infrastructure.
* Operates, maintains, and provides customer support for a wide variety of complex technology components.
* Independently analyzes and develops innovative resolutions for complex problems involving availability and/or performance at the component level. Works with vendors to resolve problems and implements approved solutions independently.
* Performs capacity and performance analyses and develops and implements recommendations.
* Develops and recommends innovative solutions to business problems of moderate complexity, including preparation of cost-benefit analyses.
* Establishes and maintains working relationships with vendors. Understands and influences vendor strategies and product directions.
* Develops and maintains specialized knowledge of current and emerging technologies within assigned division or platform.
* Provides assitance to less experienced team members of the IT department when needed.
* Analyzes and resolves complex hardware and software problems with distributed systems.
* Uses in-depth knowledge of distributed hardware and software systems.
* Uses the management systems associated with the aforementioned systems.
* Performs tests and implements hardware and software, adds, and changes, backup and restoration functions, etc.
* Performs visual checks of all system components, wiring and status lights.
* Escalates unusual or unexpected findings as appropriate.
* Provides periodic reports to users and managers of systems status.
* Provides weekly status reports and maintains project cost charge backs.
* Maintains Project plans as required and notifies management of critical failures and missed milestones.
* Uses change and test management procedures as required.
* Provides action plan for resolution of any/all faults detected.
* Performs isolation testing of problem equipment and or software.
* Provides documentation of all solutions to problems.
* Provides reports with intent to share solutions found.
* Provides and implements escalation process and or procedures.
* Develops, implements and follows the appropriate quality assurance program.
* Develops recommendations and procedures for implementation of new hardware/software products and applications, suitable for presentations.
* Edits computer-based documentation and trouble ticket systems to document equipment configurations, track changes and problems, and compiles performance data.
* Performs user assistance, training and information sharing.
* Provides on-site system or application support for deployment/installation as required.
* Maintains professional appearance and attitude in keeping with the standards on the USPS.
* Interacts with other diverse functional groups to accomplish stated objectives.
Associates Degree preferred
Five years of relevant and progressive experience in a distributed computing environment is preferred. This individual must have demonstrated skills in tools and techniques appropriate to the above job duties. A working knowledge of current computer and communications technologies and disciplines, including PC operating systems and hardware platforms, local area networks, wide area networks, messaging, and client-server applications is required.
HDI Technical Support Professional or CompTIA A+ preferred
Other Job Specific Skills
- Customer service skills and the ability to successfully and consistently satisfy client problems and needs when working in a Service Center environment.
* Effective oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to be proactive and resourceful in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment.
* A commitment to quality.
* Excellent knowledge of and ability to use computers, including the Microsoft Suite and Internet Explorer. Being able to type quickly and accurately is essential.
* Must be confident in ability to control phone conversations and guide customers.
* Ability to provide step-by-step instructions and clearly express ideas and solutions to customers and colleagues.
* Strong presentation, telephone and writing skills.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and lead by example.
* Ability to learn new computer applications and to continually learn changes to those computer applications.
* Excellent ability to multi-task.
* Must be flexible and dependable.
* Strong active listener, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times, preferred.
* Knowledge of ITIL framework and processes preferred.
* Prior military experience or knowledge is helpful but not required.
* Prior experience with Federal Government Civilian workforce is a plus.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: ASM Research
|Company: ASM Research