Position Overview: Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws, including FMLA, ADA, Workers' Compensation, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc. Perform regular attendance audits, and work with supervisors to ensure compliance with our timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Administer protected leave to ensure compliance with federal and multi-state regulations as applicable. Research eligibility for each leave occurrence based on employees' location, length of service, relationship to family member, medical certification information, and make determination on leave approval/denial.
- Administer the necessary federal and state protected leave paperwork and track leave details and paperwork due dates. Provide necessary paperwork within required deadlines.
- Guide employees and supervisors through leave process and answer questions. Provide details and respond to inquiries related to leave requirements, forms, deadlines, and other areas.
- Work with supervisors to code protected leave, ADA leave, bereavement time, etc. at the end of each pay period.
- Monitor hours used and leave expiration. Work with employees on leave to coordinate their return to work and notify supervisors with details. Coordinate necessary medical release forms and other documents needed to return to work. Notify Director of HR and supervisor if employee is unable to return to work prior to the expiration of leave.
- Administer the Workers' Compensations program. Work with Workers' Compensation carriers to submit and monitor claims. Monitor claims closely to expedite return to work.
- Perform regular audits of employee attendance records. Prepare corrective actions when needed, and work with supervisors to ensure timely delivery and return of the corrective actions.
- Assist in development, and participate in trainings and orientations for employees and supervisors.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on legal changes related to leave, benefits, time and attendance, and other human resource topics to ensure proper compliance.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide backup to other HR staff members as needed.
- Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in Human Resources or related field, with prior protected leave experience required.
Education, Certificates, Licenses: Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge: Requires excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with respect to employee related sensitive issues. Strong computer skills required.
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Continuous Improvement
- Building Trust
- Work Standards
Environment: Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required approximately less than 5% of the time.