Project Manager- Multifamily Renovation/Redevelopment Job
|Location: San Jose, California
||Date Posted: 9/25/2019
||Category: Real Estate
|Job Code: R0003428
Our construction department that is responsible for the renovation division is looking for a Project Manager for this region. Qualified candidates must have at least 5 years of experience as a Project Manager in multifamily renovation. This position will cover our properties undergoing renovation located within East Bay San Francisco. As well as covering some projects as needed in our Southern California region.
Essential Duties include:
-Assistance with due diligence prep, contractor lists, follow up
-Day of due diligence procedures, assistance on site
-Follow up on contractor proposals, third party reports, and DD items requiring additional research
-Budget development Staffing plans, equipment needs
PRECLOSING (ONCE PURCHASE IS ASSURED) AND CLOSING TO KICKOFF
-45-days prior to closing assist Asset Manager/Design Manager/Team with designs and action plans for signage, club renovation, models, units, etc. requiring design specs.
-PreDev Design Kick Off and Milestones Initiate cost projections-prelim projections ready for detailed discussion at kickoff meeting with alternates for upgrade finishes and/or cost savings.
-Initiate interiors spec book, prelim ready for kickoff meeting with alternates for upgrade finishes and/or cost savings.
-Initiate bid scopes of work and draft contract scopes/requests Immediate needs requirements (to be confirmed upon closing)
-Critical items coordination upon closing
-Update reports-Weekly agenda to be published weekly upon start of mockup unit/work on site Pre-construction meeting (following closing, coordinate contractor pre-construction meetings prior to any major construction scope start) Mockup unit (complete within 30 days of closing), unit selection for mockup, mockup PO's, scheduling Comprehensive Asbestos survey-confirm requirements for individual properties, details for ACM, LBP, Radon and what can be paid pre-closing.
Insurance requirements This is the opportunity to get ahead!!! Don't wait until CLOSING!
POST CLOSING AND PROJECT START Platform B vs. Platform A Type Projects-differences, responsibilities, and the Project Manager's Role in each.
-Major projects bid scope development, bid out, and commit, scopes can start prior to closing
-Assist in coordinating all new design elements within 120 days of closing including club renovation plans, model units, exterior paint design/mockups, etc
- Coordinate furnishings and designer provided elements delivery schedule with construction schedule(s).
- Unit renovation bid out and commitments, coordination with and assistance by Superintendent
- Get the machine rolling, select units for first renovation, estimate first months of renovation
- Pre-walk/pre-inspect prospective renovation units at least two weeks prior to start of unit construction
- Show pre-walked units on unit status with projected completion for pre-leasing
- Units accepted from Property Management on a weekly basis.
- Goal-two week turn on all unit renovations
- Units scheduling, quality control, punch lists, turn back to Property Management
- Job Site Safety
- Emergency Response Situations
Contract processing Finalize cost projections for interiors
- Compare cost projections to budget cost codes
- Discuss with Asset Manager, finalize spec/budget
- Adjust Construction Management interiors budget as required by cost projections
Periodic updates-initiate all reporting templates upon closing
- Daily log (superintendent)
- Field Agenda (weekly)
- Unit Status Report (weekly)
- Job site progress photos (weekly)
- Construction Management image library
- Timeline Schedule (update weekly and insert into field agenda report)
- As Built worksheet (monthly)
- Timeline Schedule with Costs (monthly)
Weekly coordination meetings with Property Management Weekly coordination meetings with contractors Immediate needs implement, monitor, and complete prior to lender deadline
- IPN list finalize with all documents and upload to SharePoint
Invoice review and approval
PROJECT MANAGEMENT DURING REDEVELOPMENT
Continue periodic updates
Quality control Cost report reconciliation and update (monthly)
- Job cost detail report-NA's
- Commitment ledger
-One on one, in person monthly meeting with Asset Manager to review cost report, budget, schedule (may be scheduled quarterly for remote projects)
-Close out commitments as projects are completed (no hidden savings)
-Update cost projections at project milestones, at least quarterly (be prepared for spec changes as property or demographics change)
-Incident reporting Ops support invoice review and approval
- Confirm cost codes
- Confirm sufficient budget
- Asset Manager approval as required
CLOSE OUT, MONITORING CONTINUING COSTS (PROPERTY CONTINUING SUPPORT)
-Close out commitments-final
-All significant project documents upload to SharePoint
-Final As Built worksheet
-Final Unit Status report
-Final meeting with Asset Manager to discuss closeout, continuing Ops support, items not completed with the Construction Management budget Review/approve Ops support invoices
-Upload all pertinent and close out documents to the SharePoint Sales Folder
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES Construction Management Agreements (CMA) Property Capital Projects and Construction Management Assistance Replacement Reserve Worksheets, Property Inspections, and Updates
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Fairfield Residential
|Company: Fairfield Residential