|Location: Modesto, California
||Date Posted: 9/13/2019
|Wage: $95355 - $96355 per year
|Job Code: req18091
The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and Food Maxx. We also have 4 distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a locally and family owned business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation - the San Joaquin Valley.
The Modesto community is vibrant with great traditions, educational opportunities and multi-cultural lifestyles. Aside from mild weather year-round, Modesto allows for easy access to many major tourist attractions in California. To the west lies the San Francisco Bay Area (90-miles) and the Santa Cruz Beach (115-miles). To the east is the famed Gold Country "Mother Lode" (50-miles) and a little farther you can find the majestic Sierra Nevada mountain range, Lake Tahoe (180-miles) and Yosemite National Park (110-miles).
Some of our competitive benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), flexible schedule options, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning - Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
Grow your CAREER and join us to share your Guest focus, passion about food and family, and pride in the Central Valley and our wonderful community!
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
The Platform Engineer Level 3 exercises discretion and independent judgement while performing key responsibilities in consultation with users and other IT professionals to design, specify, analyze, install, configure, administer, tune, troubleshoot, stabilize and optimize various platforms that include but are not limited to knowledge of Microsoft, LINUX, Unix and Virtualization platforms along with their related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications. This position also provides implementation and management support for the entire enterprise with a focus on the store's back office systems that integrate the Point of Sale systems. This position participates in the planning, architecture, design, analysis, testing, documentation and execution for corporate department, store and distribution center solutions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Leads and develops strategic computer system analysis and advanced system integration methodology during strategic and technical planning sessions resulting in the documentation, testing and modification of software and hardware computer systems
· Develops and designs infrastructure requirements with the business and solution teams
· Leads the integration and synchronization of business applications, security, and infrastructure technologies
· Leads the introduction of new/incoming technology projects into production
· Manages integration management systems for security systems, availability, administration, operational processes, vendor management, and best practices across the enterprise
· Designs, builds and maintains security system environments both in standalone and virtual environments
· Performs root cause analysis and resolution for all IT back office applications or software issues
· Interfaces with the threat and vulnerability management, system administrators and desktop architecture, and support teams
· Proactively analyzes computer systems and devices while providing design, development, and documentation of system enhancements considerations to management
· Documents all of the technical phases of the system life cycle including installation/configuration, environment variables, scheduled jobs, important file systems, maintenance history and upgrades.
· Performs performance monitoring, configuration management, issue escalation and resolution, systems engineering, administration, and strategic technical planning with highly specialized knowledge and skills.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to other Platform Engineers
· Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Excellent analytical, planning and organization/time management skills
· Ability to analyze results, determine/resolve bottlenecks, and create documentation of testing scenarios and results
· Intellectually driven team member exercising discretionary and independent vision applied to job duties
· Troubleshooting experience pertaining to forms of integration management, security, and application issues
· Strong problem solving skills with the ability to problem solve in fast-paced environment under tight time constraints
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate with others in the company who are in both a technical and non-technical role
· Approachable, teachable, team player with a strong desire to improve the operational efficiency of our organizations integration management infrastructure
· Excellent customer service skills with a focused approach on resolving challenges
· Strong experience in security patch management practices and protocols for supported platforms
· Understanding of Payment Credit Card and HIPPA regulations
· Experienced engineer in two or more technology engineering platforms Microsoft, Unix, Linux, Virtualization
o Microsoft platform engineer; Microsoft Server, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory and Intune mobile management.
o Linux platform engineer; LINUX SUSE, Ubuntu and Red Hat.
o Unix platform engineer; IBM AIX
o Virtualization platform engineer; Citrix
Education: Four-year college degree (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience)
Experience: Eight years of related experience
Other: Some travel required. Background and Credit Screen Required.
Physical: Basic office and store environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects.
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Save Mart Supermarkets
|Company: Save Mart Supermarkets