|Location: Fremont, California
||Date Posted: 9/13/2019
|Job Code: req18073
The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and Food Maxx. We also have 4 distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a locally and family owned business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation - the San Joaquin Valley.
The Modesto community is vibrant with great traditions, educational opportunities and multi-cultural lifestyles. Aside from mild weather year-round, Modesto allows for easy access to many major tourist attractions in California. To the west lies the San Francisco Bay Area (90-miles) and the Santa Cruz Beach (115-miles). To the east is the famed Gold Country "Mother Lode" (50-miles) and a little farther you can find the majestic Sierra Nevada mountain range, Lake Tahoe (180-miles) and Yosemite National Park (110-miles).
Some of our competitive benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), flexible schedule options, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning - Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Director, Store Operations
The Director, Store Operations directs the productivity and customer experience initiatives for all stores within their district. The Director, Store Operations is responsible for modeling and teaching values-based leadership to Store leadership teams and team members by being accountable for their district's performance within their areas of responsibility to include, but not limited to, team member and customer engagement and satisfaction, productivity, and in-store conditions. Models banner values and works closely with the store operations teams in identifying key customer building opportunities within the District to ensure relevance to the neighborhoods we serve. Builds and enable distinctive and positive team member and customer experiences. Leads change and promotes innovation while inspiring customer and team member loyalty by developing effective partnerships within the communities we serve. Position delivers profitability and growth within assigned district while networking across the banner(s) to drive results. Possess a keen knowledge of the marketplace, including competition, consumer demands and demographics. Form collaborative partnerships with banner and other key business partners within the organization. Ensures stores adhere to legal, governmental regulations, and company compliance standards.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Directly leads and develops all Store Management within assigned group
* Direct stores within a group to achieve operating results, growth objectives, and overall customer experience standards goals while maintaining banner financial targets
* Encourage innovation and uses ideas from team members as a means to grow the business
* Maintain and achieve key performance metrics such as customer feedback results, labor, team member engagement, front-end productivity, work safety, food safety compliance, cleanliness and sanitation, asset protection, etc.
* Work collaboratively with Merchandising team to execute and maintain appropriate merchandising and store operations standards
* Provide business building opportunities to the Store Operations teams based on local market intelligence; provides input to the Store Operations team to encourage continuous improvement in our company initiatives
* Ensure effective training and accountability around selling, services, compliance, etc.
* Identify problems and trends and provides/coaches solutions within district
* Monitor team member and customer engagement and satisfaction indicators as key measurements in internal/external customer feedback
* Analyze Group/Store results and customer feedback and applies appropriate response/feedback/action(s)
* Utilize effective communication and company tools to provide timely feedback/coaching of team
* Set the example in banner values and diversity initiatives
* Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* "People builder" who brings out the best in people and creates a climate in which people want to do their best; challenges self and others to perform, making expectations clear; encourages collaborations and fosters a collaborative environment; holds self and others accountable
* Makes fact-based decisions, possesses integrity and understands the big picture. Leads and handles change, deals well with ambiguity, and is able to adapt quickly in a nimble environment
* Strong organizational skills and follow-through
* Continuous learner and developer
* Effective communicator in a variety of settings
* Approaches problems by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach
* Routinely uses numerical information in their work to increase performance and problem solve
* Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; Merchant who knows how to merchandise and sell to consumers; passionate about the Total Store experience.
* Knows how business works: Aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace; Knowledgeable about Store Operations and market demographics
* Innovative and supports innovation by team; likes trying new things and willing to fail, in order to not miss out on new and innovated solutions; results-oriented and demonstrates Excellence in Execution
Education: Four-year college degree (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience)
Experience: Five years of related experience
Other: Extensive travel required
Physical: Basic office environment: ability to sit, stands, walks, kneel, stoop, and use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects
* Customer Focus
* Leading People
* Management Skills
* Personal/Interpersonal Skills
* Business Acumen
* Communication Skills
* Business Results
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Save Mart Supermarkets
|Company: Save Mart Supermarkets