Miami Business School Information Technology Director Job
|Location: Coral Gables, Florida
||Date Posted: 8/28/2019
|Wage: $33124 - $34124 per year
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: R100034700
The Director, Information Technology for the Miami Business School (MBS) oversees all aspects of computer technical support services and help desk operations, and coordinates activities for University-wide IT projects. The incumbent in this position directs internal teams in the execution of initiatives as they relate to computers, application support and services, and strategic IT initiatives. This position exercises considerable independent judgment.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides planning, budgeting, leadership and supervision to the IT department, communicates current and projected needs, requirements and options in the college budgeting process, and recommends acquisitions and updates;
- Coordinates long-range planning activities for the technology infrastructure of the college, including administrative/student information systems, computer networks, personal computers, video systems, and voice communication systems;
- Evaluates and recommends vendor contracts for hardware, software, and technology related services as needed; negotiate contracts for the acquisition and maintenance of all systems hardware, software, and telecommunications.
- Establishes standards for desktop computing, user support services and training;
- Directs IT support services and ensures a prompt, efficient, effective, and client friendly technical support operation;
- Maintain a proactive institutional approach to ensuring quality and value of goods and services received.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor's Degree in related field
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of current and emerging information technologies.
Knowledge of current and emerging IT strategies related to server-related hardware, software, topologies, and standards in an academic environment.
- Knowledge of personnel management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of budget development and management principles.
- Skill in managing technology projects at the enterprise level.
- Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Department Specific Functions
55% Departmental Responsibility for IT service and personnel
- Plans, develops, administers and coordinates all functions and services of the Information Technology department of MBS.
- Devises and implements procedures and practices for accomplishing goals and objectives.
- Coordinates with MBS Faculty and Administration in development and implementation of Information Technology strategic plan.
- Serves as liaison between MBS Faculty/Staff and University of Miami Information Technology.
- Implements new technologies to enhance the use of Information Technology by MBS faculty, staff, and students.
- Supervises the performance management of all assigned staff, including making decisions as they pertain to hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, and termination.
- Manages daily operations and directs staff to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Monitors project prioritization, active projects, and the development of dashboard and reporting mechanisms.
- Seeks ways to improve operations, and oversees the preparation of productivity reports.
- Establishes departmental goals and objectives, identifies areas of improvement, and implements action plans to meet these.
- Attends professional meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars to keep abreast of technological market advancements.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
25% Coordinate the selection and support of workstations, on-premises servers, and cloud-based systems to support the mission of the Miami Business School
- Responsible for managing 200+ network user accounts including policies, restrictions, and settings.
- Responsible for management of all systems required to support MBS workstations including print servers, domain servers, storage systems, backup systems, databases, and remote access systems.
- Installation, troubleshooting and repair network infrastructure equipment.
- Responsible for upgrades to network infrastructure as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to faculty and staff
- Utilize intrusion detection system, network management software and test equipment to analyze and correct network issues.
- Maintain inventory of software and licensing documentation
- Coordinate support for MBS access to centrally supported enterprise systems
10% Development of IT services availability as well as disaster preparatory and recovery plans/procedures.
- Insure high availability of IT services and network resources through onsite and offsite resources.
- Devise and implement onsite disaster preparatory and recovery plans/procedures.
- Develop and implement plans for offsite access to IT services and network resources during disasters.
- Responsible for insuring that critical data be stored safely and securely offsite during the duration of a disaster.
- Responsible for monitoring, managing and upgrading offsite resources
5% Other Duties as Assigned
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: University of Miami Health System
|Company: University of Miami Health System