Business Systems Analyst II Job
|Location: Fort Worth, Texas
||Date Posted: 8/26/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 8936/10061
Provides technical and analytical support to business processes within National General Lender Services. Responsible for working directly with the Business Unit, IT, the client and other internal departments to analyze, understand business requirements and implement solutions. Individuals in this role are responsible for handling needs assessments and cost/benefit analysis to align the technology of the company with business strategies. Continuously strives to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure compliance with regulations, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide clients and internal customers with quality service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with the business and technical teams to identify potential solutions and provide recommendations and thought leadership.
- Involvement in the solution design, prototyping, application configuration/integration, conference room pilots, documentation, testing, training, and project management.
- Articulate how solution sets could fit into your customer's business environment and be able to articulate the associated impacts in all impacted areas upstream and downstream. Partner closely with teams to execute solutions and act as a liaison between the customer community and business owners
- Perform business case analysis (including cost benefit), work closely with the application owners and management team to develop a quality business case.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by assessing effectiveness of current processes, programs and systems to recognize opportunities for standardization, increased efficiency, cost reduction, increased quality and improved user experience.
- Apply business process and functional knowledge in helping to solve complex issues as assigned or requested. Where possible, influence requirements and processes and follow through with implementation.
- Consult with stakeholders to understand business problems that may prevent access and delivery of products and translate them into requirements
- Learn different areas of the business and understand needs in order to provide recommendations and insights on what products or services best fit needs.
- Articulate and confirm understanding of business requirements to IT developers.
- Perform quality checks to ensure accurate ongoing system functionality.
- Maintain control records and tables on key applications.
- Consistently deliver reliable technology programs to our customers and associates through system stability.
- Create and maintain documentation for system functionality.
- Research and analyze system and manual processes and prepare written recommendations for changes and/or improvements; work with various groups to ensure successful implementations.
- Manage small to medium projects, following standard project management methodology.
- Conduct system and user testing as required to verify system continuity and integration as well as functionality.
- Perform detailed ad hoc analysis using a variety of tools, including database programs. Organize and write reports. Summarize results in a meaningful format.
- Participate in the development of procedures for newly designed processes or systems.
- Answer questions regarding system functionality and processing procedures and issues.
- Support Business Unit during implementation of new clients and services, including ad-hoc training as needed.
- Balance business requirements and set expectations on any new projects. Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Proactively stay up-to-date and informed of any change, or planned change that will impact the user community and formally communicate changes to support staff. Analyze and evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Act as a conduit to management and stakeholders by initiating and providing regular updates on open actions, changes and core team participation.
- Adhere to established Software Development Lifecycle methods.
- Deliver accurate and timely status updates to management and customers for all assignments. Provide detailed meaningful statistics.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Process oriented business experience
- Working knowledge of development and testing methodologies and techniques
- Familiarity with basic project management methodology and ability to utilize project management skills when needed
- Proven analytical abilities.
- Capable of breaking problems into component parts and addressing each individual issue in order to develop an appropriate and thorough solution
- Deliver high-quality work, characterized by exactness and completeness.
- Interviewing skills as related to requirements elicitation, data gathering
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to support multiple projects with competing priority
- Attention to detail with the ability to understand how a process fits into the overall business model
- Work independently with little supervision
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence others and negotiate effectively
- Conflict-management skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with a disciplined mindset
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Intermediate experience with T-SQL Queries and Relational Databases
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to complete assignments with independent thought and action within the scope of specific assignments
- Ability to understand technical functionality and documentation and produce non-technical documentation
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and draw conclusions from data gathered
- Ability to identify potential problems and escalate as needed
- Able to work well in a fluid environment, flex with change and tolerate ambiguity
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to produce well written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper construction, punctuation and grammar
- Available for occasional short-term business travel
- Able to work evenings and/or weekends as business needs dictate
- Ability to follow all company and department policies and procedures
- 3+ years of experience in Insurance and/or Mortgage servicing industry
- 2+ years' previous experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Consulting experience
- Knowledge of Lender Placed Insurance requirements.
- Working knowledge of Black Knight MSP system, including the Hazard Workstation.
- Working knowledge of NGLS TrackGuard system, including CCS and TrackSource.
- Ability to write Microsoft SQL queries.
- Building Rapport
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance Company
|Company: National General Insurance Company