Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Job
|Employer Name: Oneida Nation
|Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
||Date Posted: 8/23/2019
|Wage: 80,386 Annually
|Job Code: 02555
|Number Of Openings: 1
Assess mental health issues and prescribe the proper treatment to individuals and families. Continuation of this position is contingent upon funding allocations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assess patients which include gathering required medical history and documentation. Analyze the information concerning the patientsí current mental health status and take note of any experiences or behaviors that may have contributed to the current mental state; such as history of violence, trauma, sexual abuse, substance use or suicidal behaviors.
2. Assess the gathered mental health information and determine the correct treatment and care of the patient.
3. Identify specific disorders or health problems and what may be causing the psychiatric disorder.
4. Manage emergencies with psychiatric patients to determine their health risk to the patient or the community as they decide on appropriate emergency care.
5. Develop treatment plans and implement with the patient or family by conducting psychotherapy or therapeutic sessions.
6. Provide treatment plans; write appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants, and depressant drugs.
7. Secure a health and developmental history from patient or parents; record findings and formulate critical evaluations.
8. Differentiate between normal and abnormal findings to recognize early stages of serious physical, emotional or mental problems.
9. Provide consultative services to the mental health, alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse counselors in accordance with DHS 75 and DHS 35 of the Wisconsin Administrative Codes.
10. Provide direct psychological nursing care in the presence of illness or disability in order to maintain life, provide comfort, reduce stress and enhance coping abilities.
11. Assist supervisor and designated team in assuring the quality and continuity of Behavioral Health Service to include referrals and contract care areas.
12. Assist supervisor in developing, updating protocols, policies and procedures as needed/requested.
13. Coordinate care between other health professionals and mental health facilities so the patients continue to receive care.
14. Order test for lab and ancillary services to determine cause of patient condition. Develops treatment plan for condition.
15. Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
16. Participate in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
17. Provides health education to patients and families.
18. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
19. Contribute to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
20. Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures, Tribal Standard Operating Procedures, and Area and Program
Strategic Plans and Policies.
21. Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
22. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Frequently sit/stand/walk; reach with hands and arms; and talk, hear.
2. Occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
3. Work environment is generally performed in a clinic setting with moderate exposure to physical risk or injuries due to potential for combative behavior by patients and exposure to second-hand smoke. Work environment is NOT smoke free.
4. Evening and/or weekend work and extended hours or irregular shifts may be required.
5. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or TB Skin Test is required within thirty (30) days of employment and annually thereafter.
1. Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
2. Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
3. Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
4. Knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of clinical, developmental and counseling psychology utilized in assessment and treatment.
5. Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
6. Knowledge of the application of principles to the diagnosis and treatment of clients.
7. Must be dependable, possess initiative, be self-motivated, and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
8. Knowledge of related DHS 35 and DHS 75 requirements.
9. Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
10. Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
11. Knowledge of subspecialty principles and practices.
12. Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
13. Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
14. Knowledge of health education theory and practice.
15. Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
16. Skill in operating business computers and electronic medical records, office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
17. Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
18. Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
19. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
20. Ability to perform medical examinations using standard medical procedures.
21. Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
22. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
23. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
24. Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
25. Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
26. Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
27. Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with vendors and co-workers at all levels.
28. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
29. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
30. Ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making.
31. Ability to provide a strong customer service orientation.
32. Ability to demonstrate excellence and continually seek improvement in results.
33. Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
34. Ability to obtain Oneida Certification on reporting Child Abuse and Neglect within ninety (90) days. (Cont.)
35. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
36. Must complete Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training prior to employment. (Training will be administered by the Human Resource Department.)
3837. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Nationís Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during . Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training. the course of employment.
39. Employees are required to have proof of immunity or dates of 2 doses of MMR and proof of immunity or dates of 2 doses of Varicella prior to starting in any position within the Oneida Comprehensive Health Division. Any refusal of vaccination(s) or failure to provide proof of immunity may disqualify the applicant.
40. Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Nation in order to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Nationís Gaming Division.
41. A valid, non-probationary driverís license or occupational driverís license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin non-probationary driverís license or occupational driverís license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driverís license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a personal and Tribal vehicle under the Oneida Nationís Vehicle Driver Certification and Fleet Management Policy prior to actual start date. Must maintain driverís eligibility as a condition of employment
Applicants please clearly state how you meet these qualifications on the application/resume.
1. Masterís degree; Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner(PMHNP) License in Wisconsin; DEA certifications; National certification ANCC, PALS, and ACLS; Must be credentialed; Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
SALARY: $80,386/Annually (NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE)
Oneida Nation Job Application needs to be submitted
See Web Site Link Below
Ways to submit your application and Resume:
PO Box 365 Oneida, WI 54155
Oneida Skenandoah Complex
909 Packerland Drive
Green Bay, WI 54303
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 0
Education Required: Masters
Overnight Travel: None
Vacation Time: Less Than 2 weeks / year
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Other Benefits
Web Site: https://oneida-nsn.gov/divisions/hr-employment/job-employment/
|Contact Name: Nicole Hill Valenzuela
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Oneida Nation
|City: Green Bay