|Location: Tooele County, Utah
||Date Posted: 8/21/2019
|Job Code: ATE000421
Jacobs provides field, range, testing, chemical, and biological laboratory support to the U.S. Army at the West Desert Test Center (WDTC) located at Dugway Proving Ground (DPG), UT. As a major test site for the U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command, the WDTC is responsible for the test and evaluation of chemical and biological (CB) defense systems, incendiary and smoke/obscuration munitions systems, and related operational concepts. In addition to these responsibilities, we also support non-CB testing at the WDTC for the DOD and other Federal agencies, including environmental assessment/impact evaluation and munitions demilitarization.
Plan and perform 17025 audits as a Lead Assessor. The scope of the audits is a comparison of the ISO 17025 standard against the written procedures provided by the Chemical Test Division using ISO 19011:2011 and WDTC develop QAP procedures.
The Project Scientist shall provide to the COR and Technical POC objective evidence that they have been trained to conduct audits in accordance with the ISO 17025 standard and ISO 19011:2011.
- Conduct each audit in coordination with the WD-CR office, and the Technical POC, accurately with tact and diplomacy.
- Prepare pre-assessment materials and an audit plan in accordance with the Audit Procedure.
- Plan each audit of the Chem.
- Adhere to the schedule for the audits of the QAP procedures that is developed by the CTD QSM. Deviations must be negotiated between the Project Scientist, the CTD QSM, the COR and the WDTC Technical POC.
- Generate Corrective Action Requests (CAR), as needed, for each audit performed. These CAR?s will be documented in the DPG Corrective Action Database.
- Conduct follow-up audits of completed CARs.
- Work with the government to improve processes that have been identified as needing process improvement. The Project Scientist will produce a recommended course of action.
- Submit a report of each completed audit to include a final list of findings and observations prepared in accordance with the Audit procedure to the COR/TR within 15 days of the exit briefing.
Test division QAP procedures as follows:
- Conduct an Entry briefing
- Review of quality documentation, records, sample handling (if applicable)
- Interviews with technicians and management
- Demonstrations of processes
- Examination of any implementing records
- Prepare and deliver a preliminary list of findings and observations
- Conduct an exit briefing.
Education and Experience:
PhD (or equivalent training and experience) in chemistry, other physical science, or engineering from an accredited university and at least 5 years of postdoctoral laboratory (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Extensive knowledge in the area of chemistry or other technical area pertinent to the operation of the laboratory. Able to work with and around highly toxic materials. Must be able to review technical directive requirements, prepare technical approaches, provide technical expertise to more junior staff, solve complex technical problems, and lead test methodology efforts.
Must be competent in basic computer software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen.
- Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
- Generally a microbiological laboratory environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management.
- Office is located on site in Government spaces at: Dugway Proving Ground, UT. Work environment will be typical of microbiological laboratory. Incumbent may be required to wear standard industrial respirators and/or M-40 Mask.
Equipment and Machines:
- Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required. Standard Microbiological Laboratory equipment
- Regular hours will be between Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
- Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required.
- Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects.
- This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary.
- When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
- This position will require a valid driver license to operate a variety of vehicles.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Worley