|Location: Germantown, Tennessee
||Date Posted: 8/12/2019
|Wage: $55.00 - $60 per hour
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 357564
SCOPE OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
For Funds, Costs or Profits:
Project budget responsibility, people cost & expenses; infrastructure and other expenses.
Responsible for monitoring vendor expenses and notifying management of discrepancies or performance issues.
Will manage project staff and Vendor resources. Mentor junior project managers.
For Internal and External Relationships:
Internal: Frequently interacts with company personnel of all levels, within IT & Business community.
External: Interacts with vendors regularly, maintaining working relationships and managing SOW and delivery performance expectations.
For Organization Influence:
With excellent interpersonal skills and communication ability the job holder must win the confidence of individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the group, to foster teamwork and vision for the growth of the organization.
A true team player, capable of adapting his/her work patterns according to project needs and specific requirements, the successful candidate will have the capacity to isolate issues for his/her team and help the organization to focus on implementing both top-level, strategic solutions as well as the day-to-day tactics that are necessary for success.
The successful candidate will not hesitate to "get into the fray" in an active way, and will both champion ideas and accept disagreement with maturity and with the good of the business at heart.
The Senior Project Manager must be capable of managing complex global projects, involving multi-discipline and multi-technologies delivery and with relevant outcome impact to the organization's business.
The Senior Project Manager candidate will provide project management for a portfolio of projects, identified as part of the organization's plans. The role will involve the business case creation, coordination of project requirements, production of project plans, documentation and the provision of guidance for project teams, including external vendors, and ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, while also ensuring all organizational procedures are adhered to, objectives are identified and met, and benefits realized from the implementation of the solution.
The Senior Project Manager will primarily be responsible to ensure that assigned projects produce the required deliverables within the defined quality, time and cost constraints and to facilitate full realization of benefits defined in the Business Case. This should be achieved by appropriate adherence to the S&N IT PMO Service Delivery Methodology and best practice within the profession.
The Senior Project Manager candidate must possess a minimum of 10 years of project mgmt experience, developed across various types of technology projects. PM Certification is a major asset. Ideally, the candidate should have ERP, application development and infrastructure project management experience
The Senior Project Manager candidate must possess good planning, communication and consulting skills, financial forecasting, effective people management, risks identification, mitigation plans, and issue resolution skills.
The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced team environment and enjoy working with others, to find creative solutions to our business needs; experience in the life sciences industry is highly appreciated, so that he/she is capable of understanding and discussing the project with the business community.
The ability to adapt to the various internal PMO procedures and to form close links with the nominated PMO representatives, is essential in ensuring that the key issues of cost, time, quality and above all, business satisfaction, can be realized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Support Project Sponsor in developing Business Case
* Support Project Sponsor in managing the RFP process
* Gather and agree on project objectives and requirements
* Define and agree on Quality & Validation requirements
* Develop the Scope and Project Plan
* Define and agree on project team structure and composition
* Lead, coach and motivate project team members on a proactive basis
* Perform Risk assessment & Issues management
* Ensure the defined quality standards are met
* Ensure timely and effective communication and reporting to team members and stakeholders
* Track activities and project progress
* Manage external specialists and monitor sub-contractors' services
* Manage project scope
* Manage project budget and forecast
* Perform project closure activities, including the capture of lessons learned
* Support the organization on Continuous Improvement opportunities and best practices development
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Relevant Bachelor Degree level qualification plus post graduate degree, or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of Project Management experience, across various business industries and technologies
* PM certification (i.e. PMP, PMI-ACP) highly desirable
* Knowledge of project planning, implementation & management gained through experience using formal project planning tools and recognized project management methodology
* Understanding of Testing Management process and methodologies
* Demonstrable experience of working in a complex global environment with multiple stakeholders and securing their engagement to deliver change
* Knowledge of change management and workforce & business re-design
* Knowledge of developing and implementing policies and procedures
* Experience of influencing staff at all levels to ensure that all members of the team including users and stakeholders own assigned tasks and project objectives
* Experience of working across organizational boundaries to achieve results
* Ability to work collaboratively with staff of all disciplines to promote and develop service improvement projects
* Skilled in negotiation and influencing techniques including the ability to challenge and reality test other's positions constructively
* Experience of training and facilitating group discussions, and supporting training, education and development opportunities
* Experience in business case development and RFP development process
* Experience in managing budgets and effective resource management
* Demonstrated knowledge in SDLC and specific PM methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Sprints, RAD)
* Team orientated, willing to align work with team's profile, priorities and goals
* Able to influence, negotiate and build consensus
* Clear and effective communication, verbal and written
SKILLS & EXPERTISE:
* excellent organizational, planning and time management
* logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
* management, factual decision-making, conflict-solving
* great attention to detail
* excellent communication, active listening and negotiation
* understanding of budget and forecasting control
* risks & issues management
* vendor management
* ability to work well with others, diplomacy
* select, coach, motivate and lead a team
* a good understanding of project business
* technical skills relevant to the project
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Requires ability to get to all users' operations and computer facilities.
* Requires ability to use the computers for Word processing, Simple accounting, Data base management, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet
* Requires the ability to meet deadlines, frequent assignment changes, periodic heavy workload, rapidly changing technology, and dynamic business growth.
* Requires ability to concentrate on detailed project technical tasks for sustained periods of time.
* Requires the ability to communicate with IT & business colleagues, and with vendors.
* Requires the ability to read computer output and printed material.
* Requires the ability to read complex vendor proposals, and reference material.
* Requires the ability to develop Statement of Work for Vendor IT services.
* Requires the ability to participate in interactive verbal group activities including brainstorming, risks mitigation and issues resolution.
|This is needed for a Master Data Management project so any master data skills or knowledge is a plus. Lastly for immidiate consideration please send your resume with a brief description of why you are a good fit for the position to Noel Hernandez at email@example.com. |
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: SNI Technology
|Company: SNI Technology